• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

Fusion

Global Moderator
What a remarkable season the A's are having. Just 2 games back of Texas now and will play them 7 more times. All this with McCarthy, their best pitcher, currently on the DL after taking a liner off his head.

Edit: Corrected the number of games A's and Rangers have head-to-head against each other.

Last edited:

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Was following it online, ridiculous win from the Yankees. The race between them and Baltimore has been awesome for the last couple of weeks.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Been really enjoying MLB TV for whoever recommended it to me early in the season (DCYE I think). Been mostly watching Tigers games but generally watch at least highlights of other stuff every day, definitely worth the price.

Playoffs should be awesome.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
The A's are doing it cause they're awesome, Fusion, that's how :laugh:

The big question though, is who gets MVP? Miggy "Triple Crown" Cabrera or Mike "Boy Wonder" Trout?

Fusion

Global Moderator
The big question though, is who gets MVP? Miggy "Triple Crown" Cabrera or Mike "Boy Wonder" Trout?
Trout for me. Triple Crown is impressive and rare. But you know what’s even rarer? Hitting at least 30 HR’s and stealing at least 50 bases. Trout is only the 3rd player in MLB history to do that. Whatever advantage Cabrera may have on Trout offensively is more than negated by Trout’s defense and speed. Trout is catching balls in the outfield that would normally be hits or HR’s. His value to the pitching staff by doing that can’t be measured. Also, let’s say you have to face Trout and Cabrera in the playoffs and your plan is to simply not pitch to them. Well the problem you’d face is that you can’t put Trout on base because he’ll end up at 3rd most of the time! IMO, Trout has the making of the next Mays or Mantle. Did I mention how jealous I am that the Angels drafted him?

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
I'd pick Trout too I think. Miggy has been pretty awesome in getting the Tigers that division title but Trout is the more valuable player.

In other news, Oakland just won't die. Josh Hamilton's dropped catch error in the 4th :laugh:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Trout is hands down the best player in the game at this moment in terms of how much he brings to your team. He's an 80 on almost every scale.

I'm rooting for the A's in the postseason now that my Rays are out. 2 Aussies on the roster plus their colours are awesome.

Dydl

International Debutant
Trout's had such an amazing season, he's deserving of the MVP. Obviously Cabrera's been great too, but Trout has definitely been the most valuable to his team. I've read articles about there being a playoff bias to some of these awards though - Kemp, for example, should have won MVP last year - which may swap voters to pick Cabrera. That and the historical significance of the Triple Crown will probably win out over Trout, which is unfortunate.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Miguel Cabrera has just done something that hasn't been done in 45 years.

Mike Trout has just done something that has never been done.

But I can see Cabrera winning it because RBIs! Any other year and he'd be a worthy winner, but not this year.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Holy fiasco in the Cards/Braves game! Infield fly rule on that? You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

Worst. Call. Ever.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Welp, the Rangers continue their epic choke job tradition that they started from last year's World Series. They go from being in a strong position to be the top seed in the AL to losing the division to being out of the post season altogether. Awesome. I'm just numb at the moment.

In other news, so long Josh Hamilton. You ain't coming back to Texas and good luck to the team that's sure to offer you a multi-year gazillion dollar contract.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Red Sox is where Hamilton will go to continue their tradition of overpaying for overrated players. Rangers should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.