• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Major League Baseball

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Jeez, perfect games and no-hitters are happening a lot now, aren't they? Incredible.

Fusion

Global Moderator
CJ Wilson and the Angels blow an 8-0 lead! Can't describe how much I love the Rays right about now.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I seriously think that was a make-or-break game for the Angels. They desperately needed to avoid that crushing loss. This was the second soul-crushing loss for them this month. On a game played on August 1st, they were leading the Rangers by 6 runs and would've been 2 games behind us if they had hung on to win. Instead, the Rangers made a huge comeback and won in extra innings and sent the Angels on a slump after that loss. Psychologically, that was huge for the Rangers too as it woke us up from a deep slump of our own.

Coming back to yesterday, when CJ gave up those 7 runs, I would've put in Greinke or Weaver (who had a short outing the last time) in to preserve the lead. To hell with messing up the rotation for the next day's game or more, they needed to save their season. I know there's still a whole month to go, but I feel like it will be extremely tough to shake off that loss emotionally for the Angels. Forget the West, they are no longer the favorites for the even the second WC spot.

Last edited:

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
I got the feeling that game was pretty important season-wise for Angels too. But then it's hard to know - just last year we had two teams absolutely bottle it in the last month and another couple of teams tear it up and make the playoffs.

The Rangers are safe. So are the Yankees.

Does anyone get the feeling that the best teams are mostly in the NL at the moment though? Washington, Cincinnati and lately Atlanta have been awesome.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Into the last month of the season now, last games on October 3rd (I think). Plenty of time left for changes and surprises, especially in the AL East - getting awfully tight over there.

Anyway, here's how I think things will look heading into the playoffs:

American League:

East - New York
Central - Detroit
West - Texas
WC - Oakland and Baltimore

National League:

East - Washington
Central - Cincinnati
West - San Francisco
WC - Atlanta and St Louis

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
American League:

East - New York
Central - Chicago
West - Texas
WC - Oakland and Tampa

Tampa play Baltimore in the last 3 games of the season. I'm hoping that series will decide the final WC spot.

The NL seems about right, I think.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
The last games of the season have some pretty interesting match ups tbh.

Cards vs Reds, Dodgers vs Giants, Braves at the Pirates, Rays vs Orioles, Rangers at the A's.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I personally think we're going to win the division, the Yankees have been just awful since the All-Star Break and Baltimore are playing well but I think we can have them in our matchups from now on.

AL
East - Tampa Bay Rays
Central - Chicago White Sox
West - Texas Rangers
WC - New York Yankees and Oakland Athletics

NL
East - Washington Nationals
Central - Cincinnati Reds
West - San Francisco Giants
WC - Atlanta Braves and St Louis Cardinals

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Dodgers make a run but it's not likely.