• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Man Standing: NRL 2009-2013

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Sigh.

Fallers:

Brumby: St George

Standing:

Simon: Brisbane Broncos
NUFAN: Parramatta Eels
Burgey: Broncos

Teams Used:

Simon:
Knights, Raiders, Rabbitohs, Bulldogs, Broncos
NUFAN: Titans, Storm, Sea Eagles, Broncos, Eels
Burgey: Titans, Sea Eagles, Knights, Storm, Broncos

Fixtures:

Bulldogs v Parramatta Eels
Melbourne Storm v Brisbane Broncos

Some interesting calls for Burgey & Si to make, with NUFAN taking the Bulldogs (having no choice about it, in fact). Burgey needs to knock Simon off this round as he's already had both Melbourne & yer Broncs.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Taking Parramatta obviously.
Cant see Burgey not taking them too, so if Bulldogs win then NUFAN will win but if they get through then the worst I can do is a draw with him.

Burgey

Parra it is. If they win then Simon wins this, which is ok by me. Just can't bring myself to tip the Criminal Element.

"Oooh, we've turned the club around, we're respectable, we don't cheat, we respect women, we don't have rubbish supporters". Do it for more than 5 minutes and someone might believe you.

Paying $1.01 that if the Dogs lose this Friday there will be massive dust ups on the trains out of the game, there'll be graffiti, vandalism and pillage everywhere. Pack of arseholes. Would rather the Black Death than them win the comp tbh.

Simon

If Parra win then its you and me left for the last week and obviously you wouldnt have anyone to tip as you would have used both Broncos and Storm too, so if Broncos win then its a guaranteed draw as Ive used them as well, but i still have storm left so if they got through and lost then i think its still a draw for us.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Paying $1.01 that if the Dogs lose this Friday there will be massive dust ups on the trains out of the game, there'll be graffiti, vandalism and pillage everywhere. Pack of arseholes. Would rather the Black Death than them win the comp tbh.
Looking for someone to give me a lift home to avoid this very scenario tbh.

Simon

TBH those sort of things will happen win/lose or draw when it comes to Bulldogs fans.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
If Parra win then its you and me left for the last week and obviously you wouldnt have anyone to tip as you would have used both Broncos and Storm too, so if Broncos win then its a guaranteed draw as Ive used them as well, but i still have storm left so if they got through and lost then i think its still a draw for us.
Read it twice & think that's correct, yes.

Sure you'll happily pass up the outright title for the Broncs making it tho. :p

Simon

Haha yeh most definitely.

Dont worry I wrote it twice and it still doesnt make sense to me!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Parra power does for NUFAN then.

Fallers:

NUFAN: Bulldogs

Standing:

Simon: Parramatta
Burgey: Parra

Teams Used:

Simon:
Knights, Raiders, Rabbitohs, Bulldogs, Broncos, Eels
Burgey: Titans, Sea Eagles, Knights, Storm, Broncos, Eels

Fixtures:

Parramatta Eels v Melbourne Storm

Having used both finalists Burgey is, to use the techincal term, buggered, but can still secure a share of the title if his own beloved Eels can pull off the Premiership. Would be a first for a team finishing 8th I believe.

Simon

Obviously have to take Storm but I'd love to share this title and the NRL title with Burgey. Go Parra!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
And the winner is...

Two titles in three years for Melbourne means a maiden outright title for the artist formerly known as Broncoman. Hardlines to Burgey, who's probably had better weekends.

Faller:

Burgey

The Last Man Standing:

Simon: Storm

The Honour Roll:

chaminda 01/06-16/07/07
Bobisback 20/07-20/08/07
Vimes 24/08-09/09/07
chaminda 14/03-07/04/08
chaminda 11/04-02/06/08
Burgey & morgieb (tied) 06/06-14/07/08
James90 18/07-06/09/08
Bobisback, Brumby, Burgey, morgieb & Simon (tied) 12/9-5/10/08
Blewy, Vimes & Wright (tied) 13/3-6/4/09
James90 10/4-18/5/09
NUFAN 22/5-22/6/09
ripper 26/6-17/8/09

Simon 21/8-4/10/09

Thanks to all who took part and we'll see you in the next decade! :cool:

Simon

Strategy of picking teams that werent going to make the finals late in the season worked.

morgieb

Fixtures, for those interested.....

Friday March 12
Broncos vs Cowboys
Eels vs Dragons

Saturday March 13
Bulldogs vs Knights
Panthers vs Raiders
Sharks vs Storm

Sunday March 14
Titans vs Warriors
Rabbitohs vs Roosters

Monday March 15
Wests Tigers vs Sea Eagles

I'll go Canterbury.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Titans

Would appreciate someone else stepping up this year as I've got The EPL tipping & English football LMS on the go. :)