• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Man Standing: Ashes 2010/11

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm going with Yes & Yes.

& don't be editing tips, people. You know who you are. If you change your mind please repost, preferrably quoting your original tips.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
Yes
Yes. (KP on the slog trying to set a decleration up probably)

Didn't work last time, but I feel it's probably more realistic bet this time.

pskov

International 12th Man
Yes, that's correct. Everyone now gets to try again. All tips made before play begins are accepted.

Question 1: Will the next wicket to fall be dismissed out "caught"?

Question 2: WIll Mitchell Johnson take the wicket of one of the top 7 by COP?

As some of our more special pupils seemed to struggle with the point, I'll try to clarify. You need to answer both questions correctly to advance. If you answer the first one incorrectly you're out regardless of whether you get the 2nd correct. Is that clear now, children?

One does hope so....
So what happens regarding question 1 if another wicket doesn't fall for the rest of this test? :ph34r:

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bugger, forgot to get my tips in on time. Retiring* on a high, I guess :cool:

*Till next round

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Update time:

Will the next wicket to fall be dismissed out "caught"?

Katman nicks to the cordon, so that's a "yes". Maybe not the anticipated victim, however.

Fallers:

NUFAN No
Noble One No
GIMH No
pasag No
Somerset No
Howe_zat No
f_o_s No
marc No
fertang No
GF No
Marcuss No
zaremba No
joels344 No
SKD No
TumTum No

Standing:

Clapo Yes
chalky Yes
ripper Yes
PC Yes
MW1304 Yes
pskov Yes
Pickup Yes
Brumby Yes
stephen Yes
Adamc Yes
Pothas Yes
Fotw Yes

Will Mitchell Johnson take the wicket of one of the top 7 by COP?

Given that next wicket was the Katman, we already knew the answer was in the negative.

Fallers:

morgieb Yes
Clapo Yes
chalky Yes
PC Yes
pskov Yes
Pickup Yes
Brumby Yes
stephen Yes
Pothas Yes
Fotw Yes

Standing:

Spark No
ripper No
MW1304 No
Adamc No

Questions for our remaing big 4 at COP.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But Question One has to come before Question Two, which clearly can't happen as Mitch won't be bowling any more this Test. How confusing.
Nah Question 2 still comes second because it's not the close of play yet. Whether or not his team is bowling is technically irrelevant - he's not going to take a wicket for the rest of the day.

So it's Yes/No, as the result.

No hint of bias, because I forgot to vote (and I would've voted Yes/Yes anyway :p).

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol @ only 4 people surviving past the first day! Last round there was 4 in the final round.