• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last Man Standing: Ashes 2009

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Exciting Franchise Opportunity

Have you ever thought about moving into the glamourous, thrilling world of Last Man Standing competition running? Well, here's your chance!

Basically a mate gets married this weekend, so I'm going to be away from Thurs-Mon with no guarantee of t'internet access and need a public spirited individual to step up and step in to keep this going in my absence.

It's a piece of the cakiest cake: you just need to post 50/50 question at the close of play, keep track of who answered what and maybe give a reminder if you're so minded.

Any takers? :)

biased indian

International Coach
Have you ever thought about moving into the glamourous, thrilling world of Last Man Standing competition running? Well, here's your chance!

Basically a mate gets married this weekend, so I'm going to be away from Thurs-Mon with no guarantee of t'internet access and need a public spirited individual to step up and step in to keep this going in my absence.

It's a piece of the cakiest cake: you just need to post 50/50 question at the close of play, keep track of who answered what and maybe give a reminder if you're so minded.

cannot participate but this is even better will take it

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

What kind of stupid **** gets married during an Ashes Test? :blowup:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha, tbf if I was ever unfortunate enough to get married I'd probably make it the non-Ashes odd year

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
My brother managed to pick the first day of the football season, during a test match, to get married.

Did give me a great opening line for the best man speech though.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My honeymoon was booked over the duration of the Oval Test in 2005 - for various reasons I decided not to protest, I suspect rather to Mrs Fertang's surprise, and was rewarded by being allowed to cut the long weekend by 24 hours and getting back home just before 11.00am on the Monday

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
My girlfriend was talking to be about this yesterday.

Pretty sure my/our wedding is going to be sometime in October (not this year thank god) so it doesn't clash with any NRL or Cricket. :)

Anyways, Biased Indian now that you have taken over, is this a new fresh start??

ripper868

International Coach

Pretty sure my/our wedding is going to be sometime in October (not this year thank god) so it doesn't clash with any NRL or Cricket. :)

Anyways, Biased Indian now that you have taken over, is this a new fresh start??
Think it'd be unfair to those who got Brumbles last question right to start afresh.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Think it'd be unfair to those who got Brumbles last question right to start afresh.
Yeah it's annoying when you start off so well and then have that taken away from you.

Yes I'm referring to Maxum and Bowenburg in the doubles. :) Just joking, I don't mind sitting out - almost certain more then 6 wickets will fall on Day 1.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Haha I've done the same, my wedding is September next year, but made sure its not on NRL or AFL grand final weekends and before the cricket starts.

ripper868

International Coach
Yeah it's annoying when you start off so well and then have that taken away from you.

Yes I'm referring to Maxum and Bowenburg in the doubles. :) Just joking, I don't mind sitting out - almost certain more then 6 wickets will fall on Day 1.
I'm not gone yet mate, and may make special effort to stick around in the tennis thread. just for you :wub:

biased indian

International Coach
Ok Guys will make it a fresh start for the New test hope the people who had passed inot second round dont have any problerm with it.......:)

Will any of the top 3 batsmen from either side make a century on the first day of the second Test ?

Note : Cut off time is before Toss

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
Good Question BI.

So we've got Katich,Hughes, Ponting, Strauss, Cook, Bopara...I'm gonna say Yes, though could quickly change after the toss