• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Langeveldt's Cricket Photos and Requests

Oli Norwell

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Great pics Langeveldt, they're tempting me to get a camera like that myself!

Can I ask which model of camera you use? What's a rough price for something that can take shots like that?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Oli Norwell said:
Great pics Langeveldt, they're tempting me to get a camera like that myself!

Can I ask which model of camera you use? What's a rough price for something that can take shots like that?
Hi Oli

I use a Canon EOS 350D which costs about 500 pounds, on this I put a Canon IS 100-400mm lens which costs about 1000 pounds.. Memory is Compactflash which is fairly reasonable, 1GB will set you back 50 pounds, and a monopod which is 20 quid.. So from nothing to that setup is about 1400-1600 pounds.. You will also need some kind of photo editing software just to do some light touching up and sharpening, but thats optional

However its been a good investment, the satisfaction I get from my stuff makes me want to take more and more, I've got a photography job where I use that setup and go up and down the country, so buying it has been a really good decision.. Ultimately I want to cover the 2012 olympics as a press photographer but thats a long way off!

Last edited:

armchairumpire

U19 Cricketer
Langeveldt said:
Hi Oli

I use a Canon EOS 350D which costs about 500 pounds, on this I put a Canon IS 100-400mm lens which costs about 1000 pounds.. Memory is Compactflash which is fairly reasonable, 1GB will set you back 50 pounds, and a monopod which is 20 quid.. So from nothing to that setup is about 1400-1600 pounds.. You will also need some kind of photo editing software just to do some light touching up and sharpening, but thats optional

However its been a good investment, the satisfaction I get from my stuff makes me want to take more and more, I've got a photography job where I use that setup and go up and down the country, so buying it has been a really good decision.. Ultimately I want to cover the 2012 olympics as a press photographer but thats a long way off!
Lovely photos of Cam White. Do you stand near the boundary to get those shots? And a tripod as well? I've just bought a Panasonic Lumix digital camera with 6 megapixels and a 12x optical zoom. I'm sure I won't get photos anywhere near the quality of yours, but I'm hoping to take pictures at some of the Ashes matches and am hoping the players will look more than just white stick figures as was the case with my other camera.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
armchairumpire said:
Lovely photos of Cam White. Do you stand near the boundary to get those shots? And a tripod as well? I've just bought a Panasonic Lumix digital camera with 6 megapixels and a 12x optical zoom. I'm sure I won't get photos anywhere near the quality of yours, but I'm hoping to take pictures at some of the Ashes matches and am hoping the players will look more than just white stick figures as was the case with my other camera.
Cheap 80s Cameras > Digital Cameras

Langeveldt

Soutie
armchairumpire said:
Yeah I sit with the groundsman and have a monopod which, as the name suggests, is a one legged tripod which gives support but lets me move the camera where I want..

12X zoom is fantastic, my photos are enlarged quite a bit (can do this because its 9+Megapixel) but you should be well served with that camera (also helps if you have photoshop), so good luck, and don't stop experimenting..

Glenn Stiemens

School Boy/Girl Captain
These pictures are excellent, well done!

I don't suppose you have any pictures of a test ground (minus any players)? Ideally sized at 1024x768 pixels :D

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Great stuff

I have muchos love for my digital camera. But obviously I didn't produce any great snaps at the Test match last week. In fact, I've only even managed to locate a ball on one :laugh:

Got anymore snaps of batsmen being clean bowled? Always a great sight :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Glenn Stiemens said:
These pictures are excellent, well done!

I don't suppose you have any pictures of a test ground (minus any players)? Ideally sized at 1024x768 pixels :D
Ask and ye shall recieve, sorry I've only got South African grounds

1) Newlands - Cape Town
2) Sahara St.Georges - Port Elizabeth
3) Boland Bank Park - Paarl (only ODI, but stunning enough to get in your game maybe!)

I've got a better shot of Newlands, with the mountain and the brewery, if you can put up with some small Natal Dolphin players in the background..

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Great stuff

I have muchos love for my digital camera. But obviously I didn't produce any great snaps at the Test match last week. In fact, I've only even managed to locate a ball on one :laugh:

Got anymore snaps of batsmen being clean bowled? Always a great sight :D
Even better when its from a different perspective, I love this photo, the only annoying thing is that its Exeter v Sanford and not England v South Africa, but at least the entrance was free..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
^ Who is that boy? He has the reaction time of a sloth :laugh: He should be up and celebrating by that stage. Maybe he is like some of the young kids I coach who get easily distracted by passing butterflys.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Goughy said:
^ Who is that boy? He has the reaction time of a sloth :laugh: He should be up and celebrating by that stage. Maybe he is like some of the young kids I coach who get easily distracted by passing butterflys.
One of Neil Pickups disciples I expect.. Answer your question? :laugh: