• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Knockout Stage - General Discussion

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
The precedent was set years ago when Johnson kept rushing back players who showed absolutely atrocious indiscipline. Freeze the tossers out until they learn.

You do not win World Cups giving away regular soft penalties.
Nope. Nor any match unless you're playing 3rd division outfits.

Do you remember the game against SA a few WC's back when we were drop-goaled out of the tournament by some bloke whose name escapes me and they just didn't have a clue how to stop him? Seems similar, in a way.

atisha_ro

U19 12th Man
Wales team is beautiful, they deserved to beat the Boks too. Lovely outsiders for the trophy.

England seems to miss Armitage badly, but they didn't look that impressive in the group anyway.

And just as I'm typing, 2nd try. Lol.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The referee's right arm will drop off at this rate.

Line the ****ers up at Gatwick. I'm sure the French will supply some fruit.

Scaly piscine

Do you remember the game against SA a few WC's back when we were drop-goaled out of the tournament by some bloke whose name escapes me and they just didn't have a clue how to stop him? Seems similar, in a way.
Yea I do remember that, think it was quite a high-scoring game by Rugby KO standards, something like 40odd-20 and he hit 3-4 drop goals at least. Hit them from miles out.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member

Jannie De Beer. Also holds the record for being the ugliest person to kick five drop goals in an international.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Once they were gifted a big lead. It's not hard to play with confidence when your opponents do what England have done this morning
Dunno, that first try was pretty special. Actually, both tries were. It's demonstrated the difference between giving away a lot of penalties against Argentina or Ireland in a warm-up match and giving away a lot of penalties against France.

Scaly piscine

It's like the rugby team has inherited all the traits of the football side.

You've got overpaid prima donnas, aging players not performing being picked on what they did years ago, yob behaviour, appealing to the referee to get decisions, soft laughably inept collapses, total lack of discipline.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Nothing more depressing than knowing we should be in this, but we're quite literally throwing everything away.