• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kevin Pietersen

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
do elaborate...
Just thinking that if Vaughan's management skills are such that he can keep the lid on this sort of crap then for me he should have the vacant number three berth for that reason alone (the fact that I suspect he's still capable of scoring runs is just an added bonus)

King Pietersen

International Captain
Got a link to show where he made the Robinho comment? His comments of late have been blown completely out of the water. He shouldn't have called Chanderpaul seflish, but I firmly believe that comment was said in jest, which is never easy to pick up when things are written down. I think we'd all be feeling pretty home sick if you were playing for a side like this current England team, and had been made to look a prize prat by the ECB. Who wouldn't want to get home to Jessica Taylor as well!

Pietersen'll prove all the doubters wrong though. He did it in South Africa in 2004, and I expect him to get similar flak from the crowd to what he recieved in South Africa in that ODi series, and I also expect him to win everyone back round, with a glorious hundred. I think he's going to be seriously fired up, and detirmined to make a massive score out there, and I can see Pietersen leading England to a series victory with 2 big innings.

Write him off and slag him off at your peril, he's had enough of it in his career thus far, and has proven people wrong time and time again. He'll do it again here.

chris.hinton

International Captain
I feel for KP after the awful way the ECB have treated him, he should still be captain. Everything seems to be on his Shoulders

chris.hinton

International Captain
Got a link to show where he made the Robinho comment? His comments of late have been blown completely out of the water. He shouldn't have called Chanderpaul seflish, but I firmly believe that comment was said in jest, which is never easy to pick up when things are written down. I think we'd all be feeling pretty home sick if you were playing for a side like this current England team, and had been made to look a prize prat by the ECB. Who wouldn't want to get home to Jessica Taylor as well!

Pietersen'll prove all the doubters wrong though. He did it in South Africa in 2004, and I expect him to get similar flak from the crowd to what he recieved in South Africa in that ODi series, and I also expect him to win everyone back round, with a glorious hundred. I think he's going to be seriously fired up, and detirmined to make a massive score out there, and I can see Pietersen leading England to a series victory with 2 big innings.

Write him off and slag him off at your peril, he's had enough of it in his career thus far, and has proven people wrong time and time again. He'll do it again here.
I agree with you 100 %

shivfan

Banned
Got a link to show where he made the Robinho comment? His comments of late have been blown completely out of the water. He shouldn't have called Chanderpaul seflish, but I firmly believe that comment was said in jest, which is never easy to pick up when things are written down.
Hmmm....

I don't know about that. YOu don't make those kind of comments "in jest" to reporters, especially Daily Mail reporters!
:laugh:
I think he meant it. Otherwise, he would've retracted those comments, or explained them. To date, he hasn't done so....

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Interesting comments from the former England captain, thoughts?

"I'm ready to do a Robinho and disappear back home."
The stress of the last few months gets to Kevin Pietersen as he plans to emulate the Brazilian footballer

Mar 28, 2009

Seems that whenever the going gets tough, the chip stack gets low or whatever else you want to call failure happens, he wants to cry off on the plane, sounds strangely familiar.. How can you make comments like that?
Trouble at t'mill, if you ask me - serious trouble. England took a huge risk in giving him the captaincy, probably one of those "We can't control him, therefore let him do some of the controlling" situations, but it didn't take long for that situation to disintegrate.

A loose cannon.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Just thinking that if Vaughan's management skills are such that he can keep the lid on this sort of crap then for me he should have the vacant number three berth for that reason alone (the fact that I suspect he's still capable of scoring runs is just an added bonus)
This.

Watch this space.

Evermind

International Debutant
Yeah, I think Pietersen is just a little more honest than most cricketers

Also, can't agree that he isn't a team player, if we're talking in terms of the way he plays anyway.
Yep, agreed with the above.

I don't see how it's "selfish" to get out in the 90s. Even if one is being selfish, wouldn't one want the century for one's own record? How often are personal and team goals in conflict in cricket? Absolutely never, unless you're talking about strike rate, which certainly isn't Pietersen's problem.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I am sure that most of what KP and/or his agent say to the press is said with an eye to the number of volumes of autobiography that his publishing contract requires him to give his name to and when - its getting on for three years since the last one so I expect another one is due before Christmas
Didn't he state in a recent interview that he won't be doing anymore of those until he's retired or something? Or am I confusing him with someone else.

I probably am.
I think he's going to be seriously fired up, and detirmined to make a massive score out there, and I can see Pietersen leading England to a series victory with 2 big innings.
Will be hard to score big from number 7. Not saying he can't do it, but it would take a seriously shoddy top order performance by the England top order batsmen for that. Not saying they can't do it...
I don't see how it's "selfish" to get out in the 90s. Even if one is being selfish, wouldn't one want the century for one's own record? How often are personal and team goals in conflict in cricket? Absolutely never, unless you're talking about strike rate, which certainly isn't Pietersen's problem.
I think the selfish argument there is that he wanted it with a big shot, which did not serve the team in any way. Not so much selfish as brainless, tbh.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I like Kevin Pietersen. You know why?

Because unlike most England batsmen, he scores runs. He scores runs when England needs him to win Test matches, and to win Test series.

I don't care if he doesn't get on with Graeme Smith, or if he doesn't play against India in the 264th ODI at Antananarivo. Because he scores runs, which is his job. Carry on...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I like Kevin Pietersen. You know why?

Because unlike most England batsmen, he scores runs. He scores runs when England needs him to win Test matches, and to win Test series.

I don't care if he doesn't get on with Graeme Smith, or if he doesn't play against India in the 264th ODI at Antananarivo. Because he scores runs, which is his job. Carry on...
Mohammad Asif and Shoaib Akhtar take wickets, but I wouldn't have them anywhere near my team.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mohammad Asif and Shoaib Akhtar take wickets, but I wouldn't have them anywhere near my team.
Then your team won't win many games.

Just ignoring difficult personalities is a cop-out. Australia found a way to make them play nice with egos just as big and personalities just as prickly (quite a few of them too). Good man-management is the difference between the best and the rest.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Like KP a lot less than I used to after the last few months. Can't blame him for being tired, but it's part and parcel of being an international cricketer. It's all well and good not being afraid to speak your mind, but there are times when it's inappropriate, and this is one of them.