• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kevin Pietersen

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thorpe's account of the reasons for the timing of his retirement and its associated announcements, which is indeed exactly as Richard states, is a tad unconvincing - his obvious delight at the discomfiture felt by David Graveney at the time certainly suggests to me that had he been handled differently he may well have carried on after 2005 and that it was, at the end of the day, a fit of pique which prompted his announcement being made when it was.

Not that it much matters - poor old Thorpe - however much of a **** he may have been (and I for one would be happy to accept he was in fact a thoroughly decent husband and father), he was so **** upon by his ex that he had every right to be bitter and twisted and to expect a bit of mollycoddling from the selectors

adam96

Cricket Spectator
Pietersen's Ipl 100

what do you think?
also do you know anywhere I can watch the whole innings again and his whole test inings against sri lanka where he got 151

Jager

International Debutant
Yup, I'd like to see his 151 again in HD. The crappy SD on Youtube hurts my seeing holes