• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonbrooks chucking Megathread

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't think anyone is saying that Murali deliberately chucked the ball with malicious intent or anything like that.

He was a super nice guy.He was just bowling like he knew how to bowl.

cnerd123

likes this
So you have no evidence then? Cool.

So what this thread has established so far:

- Pratters doesn't understand that you need to straighten your elbow to bowl any delivery
- Pratters is wrong about the doosra being impossible to bowl legally
- Pratters thinks McGrath straightening his arm is cool but Murali doing it isn't because he believes Murali deliberately and knowlingly straightened his arm excessiy in order to gain an unfair advantage
Updated

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I don't think anyone is saying that Murali deliberately chucked the ball with malicious intent or anything like that.

He was a super nice guy.He was just bowling like he knew how to bowl.
Yeah. However this is another one of *****'s lovely debating skills.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/65169-jonbrooks-chucking-megathread-37.html#post3599093

Fuller has explained several times why they are not the same. If you can look at it away from the subcontinental bias, it's not difficult to understand. McGrath would never be called for chucking while Murali would. McGrath's action is clean.
I see no evidence here. Only opinions. Opinions are arseholes, everybody has one. What I need is objective assessment with parameters and it's values, not subjective crap.

cnerd123

likes this
What are you saying? He chucked the doosra. He may or may not have believed he did. That's besides the point.
So according to Faaps' post, that is okay then? He literally says the amount of flex doesn't matter as long as someone bowls with a proper cricket action.

Are you now saying that because Murai's action is unorthodox it is therefore chucking?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So according to Faaps' post, that is okay then? He literally says the amount of flex doesn't matter as long as someone bowls with a proper cricket action.

Are you now saying that because Murai's action is unorthodox it is therefore chucking?
I have already explained several times why the doosra is chucking.

cnerd123

likes this
I have already explained several times why the doosra is chucking.
No you havent FFS. You ****ing linked to an article that had a PhD student doing his thesis on the topic of bowling actions literally saying that the Doosra can be bowled legally.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No you havent FFS. You ****ing linked to an article that had a PhD student doing his thesis on the topic of bowling actions literally saying that the Doosra can be bowled legally.
I have. Re read how the laws were. I have explained in a lot of detail.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Could Pratters show me the objective evidence of his claim?
What evidence do you want?

A) Laws said third joint shouldn't be used to throw or Chuck the ball.
B) A fifteen degree law was brought in whereby any one can Chuck as long as they are within 15 degrees.

How is this difficult to understand Migara