• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jonbrooks chucking Megathread

cnerd123

likes this
I have explained it via the post of Fuller. He has written several posts on it. It is clear to me you have never seen a cricket ball in slow motion now or bowled a ball of cricket now. /postlikezorax.
Explain it to me yourself. With your own words. Last time I checked one of your sources (The Cricket Monthly article) it provided a conclusion that goes completely against your stance (it said the Doosra can be bowled legally). I cbf reading someone elses posts only to once again arrive at the conclusion that you are wrong.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
There is a difference between delivery of McGrath and bowling during a doosra. You have to resort to insults about me never having seen a slow mo or bowled a cricket ball though. Same line of poor debating skills you showed during the pitch debate. Any one who doesn't agree with you, you just bash them. Dire.
Without saying there is a difference, can you elaborate on it, with numbers or scientific terms what it is?

cnerd123

likes this
Bowl a medium pace delivery and a doosra. You will understand.
So you have no evidence then? Cool.

So what this thread has established so far:

- Pratters doesn't understand that you need to straighten your elbow to bowl any delivery
- Pratters is wrong about the doosra being impossible to bowl legally
- Pratters has no good reason for why he thinks McGrath straightening his arm is cool but Murali doing it isn't

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
***** please don't fool yourself thinking you know about chucking and then start comparing McGrath and Murali. It would be better to have the attitude of understanding the topic.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
The elbow bend is what's important for a doosra to achieve the optimal wrist position and leverage on the ball at release. the straightening is an unwanted side effect. This is why murali's deformed elbow enabled him to bowl it far better than any other bowler in history - he could hold his elbow in a bent position and it wouldn't straighten (much) through the action.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It has already been explained in detail how McGrath and Murali's doosra are not the same. Keep attacking me though.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
The elbow bend is what's important for a doosra to achieve the optimal wrist position and leverage on the ball at release. the straightening is an unwanted side effect. This is why murali's deformed elbow enabled him to bowl it far better than any other bowler in history - he could hold his elbow in a bent position and it wouldn't straighten (much) through the action.
And he was one of the most hypermobile humans you would ever see without a hypermobility syndrome. Not only his shoulders, even his fingers were unbelievably mobile.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
So you have no evidence then? Cool.

So what this thread has established so far:

- Pratters doesn't understand that you need to straighten your elbow to bowl any delivery
- Pratters is wrong about the doosra being impossible to bowl legally
- Pratters has no good reason for why he thinks McGrath straightening his arm is cool but Murali doing it isn't
Common line of the ***** debating style -

A) Believe in x
B) Attack when some one doesn't believe in x.
C) Feel good about one self.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Common line of the ***** debating style -

A) Believe in x
B) Attack when some one doesn't believe in x.
C) Feel good about one self.
We should all feel good about ourselves in life

If you don't then you should try and change whatever it is that's preventing you from feeling good

cnerd123

likes this
We should all feel good about ourselves in life

If you don't then you should try and change whatever it is that's preventing you from feeling good
Pratter's dumb **** posting is annoying me and not is preventing me from feeling good.

What do I do about this?