• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I've had enough, Virat Kohli.......

Athlai

Not Terrible
Big daddy Kane was recently the number 1 draft pick in the CW draft. Steady the ship williamson is therefore not only the best batsman but best player in the world.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Any links to this team anyone?
This was on Warne's Facebook with the text as well…

Shane Warne FB said:
This morning @skysports asked Athers, Ramiz & myself to pick two world 11's ! 90's/00's & a Current one. This was the consensus after our selection meeting. Thoughts ? Agree / Disagree ? The two unlucky players to miss out in my opinion are Amla & Williamson. This is also a squad, the final 11 would be picked depending on conditions.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
lol @ picking Sangakkara in a 90's side. Does Shane Warne not remember the 99 SL series?

Red

His 90s world XI is weirder than the current on IMO.

Flem274*

123/5
Big daddy Kane was recently the number 1 draft pick in the CW draft. Steady the ship williamson is therefore not only the best batsman but best player in the world.
it's because of his potential to be a better allrounder than hadlee if he takes wickets and is a good captain

anil1405

International Captain
Gilly in that side would've made 2% more sense considering he played a handful of tests in the last few months of the 90's.

OverratedSanity

The 90s world XI including Sanga, not including Steve Waugh and the current XI having no Steyn and Broad are far more egregious errors than having kohli in there.

Daemon

No Kiwis in either squad, man this needs to be brought to Fiery's attention

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
i don't care for virat kohli but it's hard to get worked up about a team compiled by a bunch of old english blokes.

world elevens without dale steyn dont count, so i don't think small country syndrome is needed here.
Shane Warne??

Don't know who else was involved but those teams have Warne written all over em.

morgieb

Shane Warne??

Don't know who else was involved but those teams have Warne written all over em.
Atherton and Ramiz Raja apparently. The latter is a bit of an idiot and given we know Warne loves an agenda, he probably had a lot of influence in picking the side.

Red

FWIW my world XI (tests) would be:

Warner
Cook
Williamson
Root
Smith
Matthews
Ashwin
Nevill +
Starc
Anderson
Steyn

And my 90s team would be:

Gooch
Taylor
Lara
Tendulkar
S.Waugh
Inzamam
Healy +
Akram
Warne
Ambrose
Waqar

Burgey

How would Starc get into a world test XI? Don't get me wrong, I rate him but he's hardly been a consistent test performer as yet.

Red

How would Starc get into a world test XI? Don't get me wrong, I rate him but he's hardly been a consistent test performer as yet.
Could replace him with Broad, but I'd go with Starc right now if I was actually selecting a team to win in almost any conditions. Guy is on fire atm