• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Jadeja an ATG test cricketer?

Is Ravindra Jadeja an ATG test cricketer?

• Yes

Votes: 41 71.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean you say that, but Smith, Labuschagne and Warner have better averages than Martyn, Katich and Langer... and they never had to face Warne and McGrath!!
Well Smith has a better average than nearly anyone not named Bradman. Katich wasn’t in the 06/07 side and Langer as an opener was a fair bit better than his overall career stats. I mean, ask anyone whether they’d rather bowl to

hayden
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey
Clarke
Gilchrist

or the Aus line up from the last Ashes series here, or indeed any series post 06/07.

Molehill

International Captain
It is surprising that Anderson's hasn't done well in NZ, you'd expect it to be almost the perfect conditions for him, especially the pitches on his later tours. Like 2018 when England were rolled out for 58.
Perhaps what is more surprising is that out of 177 Tests only 7 have been in NZ (Broad 9). It's a fairly small sample size.

I suspect that had England won the toss in the 58 game, he would've improved his average.

Molehill

International Captain
Well Smith has a better average than nearly anyone not named Bradman. Katich wasn’t in the 06/07 side and Langer as an opener was a fair bit better than his overall career stats. I mean, ask anyone whether they’d rather bowl to

hayden
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Hussey
Clarke
Gilchrist

or the Aus line up from the last Ashes series here, or indeed any series post 06/07.
Thought we were using averages in Australia to judge an entire career? If that's the case, Travis Head knocks out Punter from that team!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought we were using averages in Australia to judge an entire career? If that's the case, Travis Head knocks out Punter from that team!
Too small a sample size but if he continues on his current trajectory he certainly will

Flem274*

123/5
Lol doing well in NZ is not a needle mover. Nobody cares.
i remember some blow in punisher of your lot going on and on about india's 1-0 win here in 2008.

so i think they cared when they win, just like the rest of us nerd scum.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I suspect that had England won the toss in the 58 game, he would've improved his average.
It was a day nighter (pink ball test) and England were bowled out in sunshine. England had the best bowling conditions (under lights), yet NZ replied with 427/8 (Williamson and Nicholls with 100s).

Molehill

International Captain
It was a day nighter (pink ball test) and England were bowled out in sunshine. England had the best bowling conditions (under lights), yet NZ replied with 427/8 (Williamson and Nicholls with 100s).
Then why did NZ win the toss and opt to bowl first? The pitch was damp, it dried out. Hence the following two innings being significantly better (I will accept though that there's no excuse for a 58 under any circumstances mind).