• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Jadeja an ATG test cricketer?

Is Ravindra Jadeja an ATG test cricketer?

• Yes

Votes: 41 71.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 28.1%

• Total voters

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Woah woah woah. This is like saying Ian Bell had a series-winning 2005 or Marcus Harris held the Ashes for Aus in 2019.

He was part of a team which won the Ashes but was his cod ordinary self then too.
He was the best bowler in the 2010-11 ashes

Xix2565

International Debutant
Yes, if only to make stats hypocrites seethe and bring up arbitrary and ever changing standards for being an ATG.

Molehill

International Captain
The key was bowling from Tremlett and Bresnan - big strong guys who hit the pitch and bat hard.
Bresnan only played in the last 2, Tremlett the last 3. Neither had to bowl on the Brisbane flatbed hence their averages being better than Anderson. Anderson took more wickets than both in the decisive matches in Melbourne and Sydney.

The key was more having 7 decent batsmen in the same team at the same time.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah I figure Burgey is memeing but Anderson was the most important bowler in that series win by a mile for mine.

Burgey

Wah wah wah Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy.

Averages 34 here.

T H I R T Y F O U R
H
I
R
T
Y
F
O
U
R

?

Md Shami has a better average in Aus than Anderson, and while everyone knows I am a big fan of the muscularity Shami brings to the game, I don’t think anyone would be saying he’s an all timer.

Anderson is a moderate upgrade on Derek Pringle (with bat and ball tbf to him). And he has a pirates delight, disgraceful for a pace man.

ZK$

U19 Cricketer
Wah wah wah Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy.

Averages 34 here.

T H I R T Y F O U R
H
I
R
T
Y
F
O
U
R

?

Md Shami has a better average in Aus than Anderson, and while everyone knows I am a big fan of the muscularity Shami brings to the game, I don’t think anyone would be saying he’s an all timer.

Anderson is a moderate upgrade on Derek Pringle (with bat and ball tbf to him).
Waqar, Walsh, and Pollock average 30+ in Australia and are generally rated as ATGs.

Burgey

Waqar, Walsh, and Pollock average 30+ in Australia and are generally rated as ATGs.
By who?

Waqar had an ATG peak but was rubbish here, Walsh ranks miles down the list of WI pacers and Pollock is chronically over rated by people on CW for some bizarre reason I’ll never fathom. Never turned a hair when he had the new rock vs Aus.

Should also be said that the Aus sides Anderson has bowled to, with the exception of 06/07, have hardly been vintage line ups cf the 90s-2000s sides the others had to bowl to.

?

Molehill

International Captain
Should also be said that the Aus sides Anderson has bowled to, with the exception of 06/07, have hardly been vintage line ups cf the 90s-2000s sides the others had to bowl to.

?
I mean you say that, but Smith, Labuschagne and Warner have better averages than Martyn, Katich and Langer... and they never had to face Warne and McGrath!!

Zinzan

Yes, but they owned NZ in NZ while Anderson got owned
It is surprising that Anderson hasn't done well in NZ, you'd expect it to be almost the perfect conditions for him, especially the pitches on his later tours. Like 2018 when England were rolled out for 58.

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
It is surprising that Anderson's hasn't done well in NZ, you'd expect it to be almost the perfect conditions for him, especially the pitches on his later tours. Like 2018 when England were rolled out for 58.
Broad has been decent here interestingly.