• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IPL 2011 Draft

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Order was posted in the middle of the night NZT and I've had uni today so apologies for being slow to make my selection. I'll go with Virender Sehwag.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Maybe we should make the time limit a bit harsher next round just to make sure we get our teams in before the first match?

kingkallis

International Coach
Time limit is going to be an issue and thats why we went for the Auction system on OCC and completed 112 players in 8 hours. ( 2 sessions of 3 & 5 hours )

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Maybe we should make the time limit a bit harsher next round just to make sure we get our teams in before the first match?
Trouble is, without partners 6 hours is pretty hard to stick to so making it any tighter is going to be really hard.

kingkallis

International Coach
This is what I advice in that case :

1. SomerMax ( Somerset & Maximus0723 )
2. CevnoBlakus ( Cevno & Blakus )
3. KingDaemon ( Kigkallis & Daemon )
4. Morphlai ( M0rphin3 & Athlai )
5. HoweSam ( Howe_zat & Himmanv )
6. GingerBob ( weeman27bob & GingerFurball )
7. Marcussbiscuits ( Marcuss & Xander )
8. BlazeMarc ( Blaze_18 & marc71178 )

Everyone agrees?

Himannv

International Coach
If its down to 8 teams, the rounds may have to be setup differently. The previous setup works well mainly with 12 teams and 12 picks.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
In 2 minds about that. Blaze was awesome at the predictions, but average in the world cup draft (although we could always blame smalishah for that ;))

Seeing as I was clearly the brains behind MarcFAN I'm sure I can carry him, and since he can't pick Lara then I guess we'll be OK to pair up.

Blaze 18

Banned
:laugh:! I'm cool with pairing up with Marc. Let's do this!

And KK, could you put up the full list of players?

Last edited:

Blakus

State Vice-Captain
So I'm partnered with cevno?. If we need to get the draft moving then I don't mind that at all.

The question is are we called Cevnus or Blakno? (I prefer Cevnus)

Also are we restarting the timer or can I pick now?