• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mumbai are really a joke now, atleast they have someone that can keep a bit.
Yeah, Mumbai really should be the "marquee" team in the IPL but the way their squad is filling out they might not even be competitive. Madness.

kwigibo

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good work, 675,000 to my man, Mrs Cricket. 100 off 60 against NSW today worth about half a million?

JBMAC

State Captain
McGrath,Yousuf and Mike Hussey have been "Passed In' and will go to reserves pool.Who would not want them all in their team?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Looks like Chennai are going to struggle if they a get a couple injuries. Only 150k left for seven players. Gun side so far though.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
No buyers for -
loots bosman
sarwan
langer
Michael hussey
Mohammad yousuf
ashwell prince
shivnarine chanderpaul
glenn mcgrath
Tatenda taibu

Anyone that can play a bit and is indian has gone for some ridiculous prices.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Good job Bangalore has Boucher and White. And Kallis could prove to be a huge flop going by the way he has batted for RSA in 20/20 cricket.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
McGrath,Yousuf and Mike Hussey have been "Passed In' and will go to reserves pool.Who would not want them all in their team?
Wouldn't take Yousuf, will cause more run outs than it is worth and is pretty scratchy at the start. Coupled with having a terrible fitness condition and an ICL cloud over his head, I’m not overtly surprised to see him being overlooked (for now).

Suprised to see Hussey overlooked however.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No buyers for -
loots bosman
sarwan
langer
Michael hussey
Mohammad yousuf
ashwell prince
shivnarine chanderpaul
glenn mcgrath
Tatenda taibu

:-O

kwigibo

School Boy/Girl Captain
No buyers for -
loots bosman
sarwan
langer
Michael hussey
Mohammad yousuf
ashwell prince
shivnarine chanderpaul
glenn mcgrath
Tatenda taibu

I guess they think McGrath has nothing to add with the bat or in the field, but Mike Hussey ought to be worth something. Yousuf is the most glaring considering Dravid and Kallis went for so much. He's the equal of them in test cricket, but has more than one gear and knows how to play the shorter games. Doesn't look good on a billboard I guess.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
PK Iyer, the CEO of the Hyderabad franchise, praised the “incredible team spirit” of VVS Laxman, who, according to Iyer, had withdrawn his “icon” status for the Hyderabad team. The act now has given thema bigger budget for buying players. Had Laxman become the icon player for Hyderabad, he would have got 15 per cent more salary than the next-highest-priced cricketer. Moreover, Hyderabad have decided to make Laxman the captain of the side.

Iyer said: “He [Laxman] went ahead and gave up the icon status in the interest of the team.

“He sai, ‘I will keep the team ahead’. He said he wanted the team to have a larger budget and he said he didn’t mind not being an icon as long as he led Hyderabad.”
This has probably lost laxman 500,000 in salaries.

sideshowtim

Banned
No buyers for -
loots bosman
sarwan
langer
Michael hussey
Mohammad yousuf
ashwell prince
shivnarine chanderpaul
glenn mcgrath
Tatenda taibu

There are players who are getting paid 800,000+ who wouldn't be as good as a few of these guys on the field. This auction is a bit more of a joke than I thought it would be and it seems the creators are more focused on profits than actually winning matches.

kwigibo

School Boy/Girl Captain
So Laxman gave up over a million (15% more than Symonds as an Icon right?) so he could captain Hyderabad. Good on him.

Is he not married? Going through a divorce? -Ba Dum Ching-.

Last edited: