• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think it's fair to assume that Symonds and Ponting won't be going to Mumbai with Harby.
Roy and Bhajj would be hilarity personified.

In all seriousness you think franchises are taking possible "Team Chemistry" into account when assembling their squads?

duffer

I'm also liking Mohali's middle order right now. Sanga, Yuvi and Jayawardene looks sweet.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
In all seriousness you think franchises are taking possible "Team Chemistry" into account when assembling their squads?
Doubtful. Would you take Napoleon Einstein because he's matey with the Uttar Pradesh boys, or Afridi?

I think recouping will be the first order of the day. Star power's the most obvious avenue in that regard.

duffer

Doubtful. Would you take Napoleon Einstein because he's matey with the Uttar Pradesh boys, or Afridi?

I think recouping will be the first order of the day. Star power's the most obvious avenue in that regard.
Yeah, I think the fact that the team is only together for 6 weeks or so means squad harmony is less important than in other franchise sports eg Football, B'ball where players are around each other for most of the year.

I was also reffering to how players complement each other in playing style's, abilities and mental strength etc.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Mumbai will certainly bid for symonds,reports were saying.
So a harbhajan- symonds combo seems likely.

sideshowtim

Banned
I'm also liking Mohali's middle order right now. Sanga, Yuvi and Jayawardene looks sweet.
Yes, that's a very strong core. I reckon they should get someone like Bracken on the cheap.

Bracken is a superb one day bowler and since he isn't really a glamorous name will probably be excellent value for whoever picks him up.

sideshowtim

Banned
Mumbai will certainly bid for symonds,reports were saying.
So a harbhajan- symonds combo seems likely.
Buying both Symonds and Harbhajan would be absolutely idiotic. And given that they've spent nearly 3 million on 3 players now (Tendulkar, Harby, Jayasuriya) I really can't see them having enough to get the high price Symonds will be worth.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I was also reffering to how players complement each other in playing style's, abilities and mental strength etc.
Ah. The done thing, I think, would be to plug whatever gaps are in the domestic teams already. It's hard to estimate chemistry across international lines, though - no telling how Kallis and Flintoff would play in tandem, for instance. If complements are a priority, then most clubs'd go for proven international duos like Smith and Gibbs, or Ponting and Symonds (as SST pointed out).

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Buying both Symonds and Harbhajan would be absolutely idiotic. And given that they've spent nearly 3 million on 3 players now (Tendulkar, Harby, Jayasuriya) I really can't see them having enough to get the high price Symonds will be worth.
I am not sure whether sachin goes from the 5 million amount as he is a icon player.
Though they have panicked too early and overpaid for jaya and bhaji.

Btw, delhi are waitng for gambhir,ishant sharma and one report was saying they want to sign pietersen out of the pool.Do not know how that works.

sideshowtim

Banned
I am not sure whether sachin goes from the 5 million amount as he is a icon player.
Though they have panicked too early and overpaid for jaya and bhaji.

Btw, delhi are waitng for gambhir,ishant sharma and one report was saying they want to sign pietersen out of the pool.Do not know how that works.
It would be included in the cap, otherwise sides with icon players have a massive advantage over those without them.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
It would be included in the cap, otherwise sides with icon players have a massive advantage over those without them.
85% of their wages are included, but they also have to be highest paid player. Which is why some clubs have opted against icon players and some clubs with them haven't been active yet.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ponting to play for kolkata for 425k according to reports on channels.

Very good deal.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Are these the same channels that hours ago said Ponting had dropped out?
The kolkata team is leaking these reports early somehow because before it was announced it was everywhere that they have signed shoaib.

Btw, lalit modi has arrived for results for round 3.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
symonds-hyderabad-1.35mill

lee-mohali-900k

Ponting-kolkata-400k

Hussey-reserve pool-no takers

vettori-delhi-625k

hayden-chennai-375k

mcculum-kolkata-700k

oram-chennai-675k

ponting is a great deal for 400k.

cricman

International 12th Man
symonds-hyderabad-1.35mill

lee-mohali-900k

Ponting-kolkata-400k

Hussey-reserve pool-no takers

vettori-delhi-625k

hayden-chennai-375k

mcculum-kolkata-700k

oram-chennai-675k

ponting is a great deal for 400k.
Vettori for 625K? I wanna know how much Bond is making in IPL cause Bond might have really missed out on the gravy train.