• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeh alot of New channels are claiming that, would think its a stupid comment really. But holy **** for Dhoni with 1.5 mil.

sideshowtim

Banned
I wouldn't mind if Ponting and Symonds quit as it allows them to focus on Australia. If a lot of news channels are reporting it there must be some truth to it.

Protean

State Regular
Anil Kumble, Bangalore, $5,00,000 ($2,50,000)

Harbhajan Singh Mumbai, $8,50,000 ($2,50,000)

Sanath Jayasuriya Mumbai, $9,75,000 ($2,50,000)

Kumar Sangakkara, Mohali, $7,00,000 ($2,50,000).

aussie_27

Cricket Spectator
IPL Auctions

Mumbai: Harbajhan Singh and Sanath Jayasuriya
Bangalore: Anil Kumble
Mohali: Kumar Sangakara

Glenn McGrath and Mohammad Yousuf haven't found any takers so far, so they have gone into the reserve pool and will be picked later.

sideshowtim

Banned
Chennai:
MS Dhoni ($1.5 million)
Muttiah Muralitharan ($600,000)

Hyderabad:
Adam Gilchrist ($700,00)

Jaipur:
Shane Warne ($450,000)

Kolkata:
Shoaib Akhtar ($425,000)

Mumbai:
Sanath Jayasuriya ($975,000)
Harbhajan Singh ($850,000)

Bangalore:
Anil Kumble ($500,000)

Mohali:
Mahela Jayawardene ($450,000)
Kumar Sangakkara ($700,000)

Delhi:
No signings yet

Last edited:

ayush_17

Cricket Spectator
I don't think bowlers would be wanted too much ... most of them would be useful for just the 4 overs they bowl. I guess teams are waiting to get all the allrounders and batsmen before they decide on their bowlers

sideshowtim

Banned
Pidge and Mo.Y overlooked? Damn, that must hurt big Glen a bit.:laugh:
I don't think Pidge will go for much. A 38 year old medium pacer is going to get hammered. I suppose he'll be a good drawcard and marketing tool, but he's gonna get smashed during the games.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Probably a stupid question. But if a player doesn't get signed in their given catergory. Do the clubs then start the bidding for those players at the next lowest catergory. So therefore it looks like the clubs are trying to get McGarth a bit cheaper. Surprised they didn't do that with Jayawardene.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think Pidge will go for much. A 38 year old medium pacer is going to get hammered. I suppose he'll be a good drawcard and marketing tool, but he's gonna get smashed during the games.
He was probably listed a bit too early I think. Still a ridiculous amount of quality left to go through. Next on the trading block are Punter, Bing, Symonds, Hussey and Haydos. This is probably the lot I'm most interested in.

sideshowtim

Banned
He was probably listed a bit too early I think. Still a ridiculous amount of quality left to go through. Next on the trading block are Punter, Bing, Symonds, Hussey and Haydos. This is probably the lot I'm most interested in.
I think it's fair to assume that Symonds and Ponting won't be going to Mumbai with Harby.

Protean

State Regular
Sachin Tendulkar also to get more than a million, as he gets 15% more than Mumbai's highest paid, which so far is Jayasuriya.