• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League

ayush_17

Cricket Spectator
Some Live News from Auction

Hey ... just heard about this in the News about which players have been bought by whom, I'm not sure about the values but Dhoni was the most expensive at $1.5Million:

Shane Warne : Jaipur
MS Dhoni : Chennai
Muralidharan : Chennai
Adam Gilchrist : Hyderabad
Shohaib Akhtar : Kolkota
Jayawardene : Mohali

No purchases by Mumbai and Delhi ... let's see what they do

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dhoni the Million Dollar Player :blink: he's worth 1/5th of team :-O
Well, they paid 1/5 of the value for him. Whether he's worth it will depend on how he goes I suppose.

Amazing coin for these guys, isn't it? Imagine the dough blokes like Botham, Imran, Keith Miller & Sobers would have gotten for this sort of caper.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey ... just heard about this in the News about which players have been bought by whom, I'm not sure about the values but Dhoni was the most expensive at $1.5Million:

Shane Warne : Jaipur
MS Dhoni : Chennai
Muralidharan : Chennai
Adam Gilchrist : Hyderabad
Shohaib Akhtar : Kolkota
Jayawardene : Mohali

No purchases by Mumbai and Delhi ... let's see what they do
I just heard of it now. Shah Rukh Khan (for those who don't know, he's an iconic film actor here), owner of the Kolkata team, had even spoken to Shoaib Akhtar with the hope of getting him in his team.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Nicknames: Chennai Superkings (they copied an ICL name! how sad!), Delhi Daredevils, so far on the screens. There's a lot of action out here.

EDIT: Laxman is not an 'icon'.