• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League

sideshowtim

Banned

R_D

International Debutant
lol at the Kolkatta ads:laugh:

looking forward to this competition starting... plus being on free to air tv and pretty good timings to watch as well.

sideshowtim

Banned
lol at the Kolkatta ads:laugh:

looking forward to this competition starting... plus being on free to air tv and pretty good timings to watch as well.
I hope Channel 10 don't stuff it up. They have the rights to all the games live but that doesn't mean they'll show them all live :( Especially since their time slot clashes with Big ****ing Brother Up Late which will start during the IPL.

R_D

International Debutant
I hope Channel 10 don't stuff it up. They have the rights to all the games live but that doesn't mean they'll show them all live :( Especially since their time slot clashes with Big ****ing Brother Up Late which will start during the IPL.
lol surely after paying that amount of money for tv rights they'll show cricket over Big Brother trash, than again never know so many people do watch that ****.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The Kolkata adds are just silly, but its obvious that their really putting a lot of effort into their promotion.
Except the 'Steve' ad which was in poor taste, the other ads are pretty gun. They look at having fun in a cheesy manner. Cheesy fun sells well in India and we have seen a history of it selling in cricket as well (Who can forget the Eat Cricket, Sleep Cricket ad by Coca Cola and it's rebuttal ad by Pepsi). Also, you are right that Knight Riders are being promoted very well. Shahrukh Khan did a press conference for the official launch in Kolkata and then did a press conference in Mumbai the next day. The two press conferences were shown live on the news channels for the fair bit that they did last and then news channels kept talking about and showing clips. The black and golden jerseys (designed by Manish Malhotra), the Viking helmets, the lazy mascot Hoog Lee... Knight Riders have definitely taken a head start where promotion is concerned and it will be interesting to see what other teams come up with.

Last edited:

masterblaster

International Captain
Except the 'Steve' ad which was in poor taste, the other ads are pretty gun. They look at having fun in a cheesy manner. Cheesy fun sells well in India and we have seen a history of it selling in cricket as well (Who can forget the Eat Cricket, Sleep Cricket ad by Coca Cola and it's rebuttal ad by Pepsi). Also, you are right that Knight Riders are being promoted very well. Shahrukh Khan did a press conference for the official launch in Kolkata and then did a press conference in Delhi the next day. The two press conferences were shown live on the news channels for the fair bit that they did last and then news channels kept talking about and showing clips. The black and golden jerseys (designed by Manish Malhotra), the Viking helmets, the lazy mascot Hoog Lee... Knight Riders have definitely taken a head start where promotion is concerned and it will be interesting to see what other teams come up with.
You're right about cheesy stuff and India. I guess at the end of the day it's just to have a bit of fun. The other teams have been left behind though and the other franchise owners don't seem to be putting forward many ideas about promotion. SRK looks really happy being in his position of power. I'm sure being part of the management of a sports team has been a dream of his for a long time.

biased indian

International Coach
i think i now support the knight riders..
would have loved sachin to be part of this team ..then i could not have had any doubt to support whom

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
the kolkata knight riders....i love their PR strategy, it looks like SRK is having a ton of fun with that.

anyway, i always thought the IPL was supposed to have some sort of "champions league" type format, where the best teams in T20 domestic competitions faced off for a club championship of sorts. I would rather see something like this.

it seems like the only good that can come out of the IPL is a ton of money to the BCCI, which hopefully would be invested into the cricket infrastructure in India.

sideshowtim

Banned
the kolkata knight riders....i love their PR strategy, it looks like SRK is having a ton of fun with that.

anyway, i always thought the IPL was supposed to have some sort of "champions league" type format, where the best teams in T20 domestic competitions faced off for a club championship of sorts. I would rather see something like this.

it seems like the only good that can come out of the IPL is a ton of money to the BCCI, which hopefully would be invested into the cricket infrastructure in India.
The Champions League will happen around October time comprising the 2 finalists of the IPL, South African T20 league, English T20 league and Aussie T20 league (which was WA and Victoria).

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha, yea. I'm thinking of supporting the knight riders too (after McGrath and Delhi). Their commercials are too awesome.

ret

International Debutant
squad updates

1. Amit Mishra, the leggie goes to Delhi
2. Ashish Nehra goes to B'bay

injury updates

1. Malinga and Fernando, the B'day Pace Boyz, are doubtful