• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket League thread

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Really, how has coloured clothing revolutionised the game? We'd be perfectly fine without it - indeed, some still decry the thing even now.

Me, it doesn't bother me either way, but I know for certain that I could not care less if someone phased-out coloured clothing tomorrow, never to be seen again.
coloured clothing....looks a bit too....PJ like for me, looks silly, i have no huge objections to it, but would probably rather it was gotten rid of to be honest, it was nice how the C&G trophy was absent of it until a few years ago, mind you...the first year coloured clothing was introduced hampshire won it....so perhaps shouldnt complain :p

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
coloured clothing....looks a bit too....PJ like for me, looks silly, i have no huge objections to it, but would probably rather it was gotten rid of to be honest, it was nice how the C&G trophy was absent of it until a few years ago, mind you...the first year coloured clothing was introduced hampshire won it....so perhaps shouldnt complain :p
Good to see you in CC, my old chap!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Should be off to bed, TBH, I've got to get up at 7AM!!!!!!!!!! tomorrow for this meetup lark.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Really, how has coloured clothing revolutionised the game? We'd be perfectly fine without it - indeed, some still decry the thing even now.

Me, it doesn't bother me either way, but I know for certain that I could not care less if someone phased-out coloured clothing tomorrow, never to be seen again.
More attractive IMO. Generates fans rather than when they still wore whites for ODIs. Tests alone deserve to wear the whites TBH.

pup11

International Coach
Its official now that Warnie has signed with ICL, since the money involved with this is seriously big i won't be suprised if many more big names too join this mickey-mouse leauge.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
They say McGrath might sign too... I hope he doesn't. I want the last memories of him to be the WC final.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I hope it does TBH. The BCCI needs fracturing. It won't affect the international game though.

In any case, rumors has it that they have offered Warne over a million dollars to play.....

Fusion

Global Moderator
I don't think this league will do any damage to BCCI. The new league is not really competing with BCCI. If they were, they would actually play ODI's instead of 20/20's (and of course expand to Test Matches later). Most importantly, they are not going after current players. Just retired ones. When Packer formed his league, he recruited and got the top talent in world cricket. That's what got the ICC's attention. This is just going to be an amusing side-show that BCCI will dismiss.

howardj

International Coach
As opposed to the 7 one day games about to be played all over England? I want to know - who watches that crap in India? Aside from the WC, seven one dayers? Really, does it matter who wins that series?
But mate, at least the seven ODI games are Country v Country (and 100 overs of length). By contrast, the proposed series in India is two cobbled together sides (with no previous history together) representing absolutely nobody.

Soul-less.