• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Go bored made this

View attachment 30745

data as per statsguru. Technically should be 'seasons' and not 'years', but the general pattern would be the same. The last time the Rolling 5 Year batting average in India was this low was all the way back in the mid '70s. Hasn't been this bad for batters in the last 50 years.
Hey, what do you think about this?:

1646127193130.png

cnerd123

likes this
not sure why Star Sports Select 1 is only showing Gujarat games, but this is the third one in a row they're broadcasting. They lost to both Kerela and MP, so let's see if they can win this one.

Gani's 341 in Round 1 still has him as the leading run-scorer of the season so far, with 386 from Sarfraz Khan in 2nd. Number's 3-4-5 and have scored 343, 342 and 342 - only slightly more than Gani did in that single innings heh.

SLA Shams Mulzani heads and shoulders above other bowlers this season so far with 22 wickets, the next best is 14. Only 24 years old, perhaps one to keep an eye on for the future. From Mumbai as well, which helps when it comes to getting noticed by the selectors.

Odisha have finally picked Anshuman Rath! But he's not batting in the Top 4. Hope his Ranji debut goes well, facing Mumbai of all teams lol.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
@cnerd123 @OverratedSanity Sakibul Gani got a 3 fer today as well. Next batsman who can bowl is ready?

BTW, Baba Inderjith keeps racking up the runs. Wondering if he will end up batting as first choice keeper for KKR this IPL? If his keeping is really upto the task, he can even be groomed alongside Pant and Srikhar Bharat.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’ve been watching little bits of the season on hotstar and the quality of cricket is just really weird. Feels like there’s a bunch of extremely talented cricketers playing amongst seriously mediocre ones. Huge gulfs.

cnerd123

likes this
yea I don't think this will go anywhere, and all it serves to do is kill his own journalism career. No one is going to want anything to do with him anymore, plenty of other better journalists in Indian cricket.

Surprised Boria achieved as much fame as he has. His accomplishments, as far as I'm aware, have more to do with being a historian of Indian cricket more than being an actual journalist. He's not that good as a journalist.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I’ve been watching little bits of the season on hotstar and the quality of cricket is just really weird. Feels like there’s a bunch of extremely talented cricketers playing amongst seriously mediocre ones. Huge gulfs.
Its what happens when you have 38 teams though.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yea I don't think this will go anywhere, and all it serves to do is kill his own journalism career. No one is going to want anything to do with him anymore, plenty of other better journalists in Indian cricket.

Surprised Boria achieved as much fame as he has. His accomplishments, as far as I'm aware, have more to do with being a historian of Indian cricket more than being an actual journalist. He's not that good as a journalist.
Nor is he good at actually analyzing or talking about the game. Kimber's piece on him was spot on.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
One of my worst Boria moments was when in an interview he told PV Sindhu, Olympic medalist, "Please wear the medal, that's the least you can do". Sindhu said "sorry" while putting it around her neck. How does this guy have a career.
I've also started to hate Boria, this Saha episode puts a very negative light on him. But I think this PV Sindhu incident is a non-issue. He might have meant that she should show it off or something but worded it wrongly. In any case, we all should respect and talk to sportspeople like fans/supporters(unless they are totally out of line), that's one of the reason why I always respect Harsha. Even when Dhoni/Amitabh went after him, he was very graceful. People who are out there playing the sport for the country are the ones doing the heavy lifting, all outsiders should show some humility and not act like they are big shots.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
This brings me to another point, how difficult is it for SC players to perform at the highest level? Most fans look at things in binaries, you are hero if you perform and a heel if you don't. Fans are too invested and too emotional about the sports they follow here, and media makes it even worse. SC sportspeople have too much unnecessary baggage to deal with.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain

Should have stuck with that.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
He might have meant that she should show it off or something but worded it wrongly.
He was of course smiling and all. But it's ok if say Dhoni does it to Pant; one of them is the senior, more accomplished colleague that other one looks up to. Boria assumes that role when he has not place to. Does it repeatedly. Did it 1-2 times with player interviews after BG trophy. It's annoying af when you are watching it live.