• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xix2565

International Debutant
Dropping Pujara and Rahane and bringing in Iyer has already borne a fruit. Not sure about Vihari but he should be given at least two full series. Who do we replace him with if he were to fail? Any promising player knocking the door in domestic?
Gill????????

Xix2565

International Debutant
Gill averaged 70 in FC cricket alone, what is this?

Averages in only FC cricket since 2014 for Indian batters (some have Test caps and others don't):

Some names are missing sure, but I don't really see how Gill isn't an automatic replacement at all since he's not got a consistent run due to injuries.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Dropping Pujara and Rahane and bringing in Iyer has already borne a fruit. Not sure about Vihari but he should be given at least two full series. Who do we replace him with if he were to fail? Any promising player knocking the door in domestic?
Gill. Use him at #3

_00_deathscar

International Debutant

Averages in only FC cricket since 2014 for Indian batters (some have Test caps and others don't):

Some names are missing sure, but I don't really see how Gill isn't an automatic replacement at all since he's not got a consistent run due to injuries.
Have we been playing the wrong Kohli?

cnerd123

likes this

dude what software are you using to generate these stats

Chrish

International Debutant
Didn’t Gill average like 60 as an opener before his debut? Performances in domestic are inflated imo. Having seen him in action, he will always struggle against moving ball while he will be alright on bouncy roads. Can see him as a horses for courses selection for now.

Xix2565

International Debutant
dude what software are you using to generate these stats
Not mine, from cricketingview on his Substack about dropping players. Sorry if that confused you.

Didn’t Gill average like 60 as an opener before his debut? Performances in domestic are inflated imo. Having seen him in action, he will always struggle against moving ball while he will be alright on bouncy roads. Can see him as a horses for courses selection for now.
I mean if performances in domestic are inflated then Shreyas Iyer shouldn't even play Test cricket and Vihari is 3rd choice behind Rahane and Pujara. I mean seriously what gives regarding this low opinion of Gill, who hasn't had a consistent run and was beset by injuries and the sudden uptick in performances by his competition for openers and middle order bats? You can't even say that he will always have problems and ignore people like Rohit and KL who have always had problems before before they improved and became 1st choice players.

cnerd123

likes this
Should the Ranji Trophy allow overseas players?

I think they should allow 1 Player per Elite Team and 2 per Plate Team. There is a huge number of teams anyways, the talent is a bit diluted. This raises the standard. Plus if we're serious about improving the standard of cricket in the 'smaller' states, allowing them 2 overseas pro will really help that.

_00_deathscar

International Debutant
First Maggi, then Vadapavs and now cake? Rohit truly is a man for all occasions.
At first he was only comfortable with vadapavs but then was accused of being a home track bully. That's when he slowly but surely expanded to eating Maggi and cake - cautiously at times, but crucial meals.

Niall

International Coach
The IPL is not finished this season but from what I have seen and previous months before this,,,,I'm not sure you can make a compelling argument for both Kohli and Rohit playing the next t20 world cup....heck not even sure either of them really deserve to be playing on what I am seeing this moment.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The IPL is not finished this season but from what I have seen and previous months before this,,,,I'm not sure you can make a compelling argument for both Kohli and Rohit playing the next t20 world cup....heck not even sure either of them really deserve to be playing on what I am seeing this moment.
Meh, batting is high variance, especially T20 batting. They have great overall records; over-reacting to a short run of bad form in another tournament is dumb.

Flem274*

123/5
Starting to get why you guys have been skeptical of Shreyas Iyer in the past. He did not cover himself in glory against Umran Malik in particular the other night. Looked like a domestic cricketer when it was fast and short.

Buuuuuut he scored test runs and Poohane have not been so full power to him.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Meh, batting is high variance, especially T20 batting. They have great overall records; over-reacting to a short run of bad form in another tournament is dumb.
The thing about prepping for the WC is also the fact that the grounds in Australia are, on average, much bigger than the ones these guys have been playing on, even if they limit it to a max of 75m. So many guys who hit like 4 or 5 6s and score 50+ will most likely get out to their first lofted shot over there. Still gotta back the quality of Rohit and Virat IMO.