• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India, Australia, England attempt to take control of Cricket

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Right after they fired the Fatman? David morgan was pissed off as hell
care to enlighten?- dont get me wrong, i have no allegiance towards the SL cricket board, my love is for the country and its cricket..imho, the only difference between SLC board and Dick Turpin , is that the latter wore a mask..

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Other than the finances and whatnot I actually think the BCCI loses a bit of influence through this. In the past the BCCI could basically buy/blackmail the required votes from the other members if they didn't like something and the ECB and CA were powerless to do anything about it. The new set-up puts the three on an even keel. The BCCI would find it harder to stop anything eminently sensible - such as technology - from going through.
Haha, if you think this will keep them from throwing a hissy fit and threatening all sorts of things if they don't get their way, you're sorely mistaken.

And secondly, there is no such thing as 'other' than finances as far as the BCCI are concerned.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, if you think this will keep them from throwing a hissy fit and threatening all sorts of things if they don't get their way, you're sorely mistaken.

And secondly, there is no such thing as 'other' than finances as far as the BCCI are concerned.
They will still be politicking, but it will be much harder against the ECB and CA because they can get along without India. In the past India could count on numerous associations to roll over and vote their way. It rendered common sense academic. I don't really care that the BCCI gets more money as long as cricket gets better decisions coming from the ICC. This gives it a better chance of happening.

Fusion

Global Moderator
They will still be politicking, but it will be much harder against the ECB and CA because they can get along without India.
No they can't. Even in the new structure, BCCI will hold massive influence over all cricket decisions due to their financial clout. They still bring in the most amount of money and even the ECB and CA will want to tour/host India. If CA and ECB could do without the BCCI, we wouldn't be in this position to begin with. The sad fact is, no matter what the setup, world cricket is dependent on India for survivial.

I don't really care that the BCCI gets more money as long as cricket gets better decisions coming from the ICC. This gives it a better chance of happening.
How?

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No they can't. Even in the new structure, BCCI will hold massive influence over all cricket decisions due to their financial clout. They still bring in the most amount of money and even the ECB and CA will want to tour/host India. If CA and ECB could do without the BCCI, we wouldn't be in this position to begin with. The sad fact is, no matter what the setup, world cricket is dependent on India for survivial.
No they hold massive influence over the Asian bloc and corrupt boards elsewhere dependent on their money. They still hold that influence but those associations wouldn't have a vote. The ECB and CA will want to host/tour most countries too. They have financial independence. They're not reliant on India's money to survive. That makes a massive difference which you don't seem to accept.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
They will still be politicking, but it will be much harder against the ECB and CA because they can get along without India. In the past India could count on numerous associations to roll over and vote their way. It rendered common sense academic. I don't really care that the BCCI gets more money as long as cricket gets better decisions coming from the ICC. This gives it a better chance of happening.
Haha, have fun with that. I suspect some surprises are in order. I can survive without my legs too, that doesn't mean I'd want to. India won't lose any influence whatsoever. And they know how exactly to throw a hissy fit to get their way. It won't even matter if ECB and CA get veto power over the bcci.

Fusion

Global Moderator
No they hold massive influence over the Asian bloc and corrupt boards elsewhere dependent on their money. They still hold that influence but those associations wouldn't have a vote. The ECB and CA will want to host/tour most countries too. They have financial independence. They're not reliant on India's money to survive. That makes a massive difference which you don't seem to accept.
Without India’s money, the sport (at least Test cricket in its current format) will slowly die. You can talk all you want about ECB and CA being financially secure enough to survive without India, but all of their actions in the recent past state otherwise . If India breaks away from the official ICC, they can employ a lot of tactics to destroy the ICC. From starting up their own rebel organization (which will surely be joined by most of the other boards not named ECB/CA/CSA), to offering insane amount of money to players to play in the IPL instead of for their country etc. The fact is, India holds all the cards. I’ve now come to accept that fact and realize that this proposal will go through and BCCI will be the de-facto decision maker of all things Cricket going forward.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. If they just stopped playing cricket in India in general I think cricket would survive; it'd be worth a lot less but it'd be fine, so from that perspective "cricket would survive would India". What cricket couldn't do is compete against India, which is what would happen in reality if it split from the ICC.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. If they just stopped playing cricket in India in general I think cricket would survive; it'd be worth a lot less but it'd be fine, so from that perspective "cricket would survive would India". What cricket couldn't do is compete against India, which is what would happen in reality if it split from the ICC.
Even if cricket has to survive without India which is entirely possible, the administrators in other boards and players will still have to settle for lesser pay packets. There wouldnt be any money to skim off for the smaller boards and they will have to run a tight ship. e.g. SLC would no longer be able to sell TV rights to the channel owned by the president's son for a pittance.

solan

Cricket Spectator
If indian cricket board gets ICC's control, then following suspected rules may be applied:

"1: India will always play on its home ground.
2: Bowlers cant bowl a speed more than 140km to indian batsmen.
3: If india would have a problem with any spinner, then that spinner will be banned from cricket.
4: Bowlers cant bowl a bouncer to indian batsmen, especially suraish raina.
5: Flat pitches will be made in all Cricket events.
6: If any team scores more than 50 runs against any indian bowler, then 5 points would be excluded from that team's ranking, and these 5 points will be awarded to india."