• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In terms of just watching enjoyment, how would you rank the various aspects of the game?

subshakerz

International Coach
Which are the top three aspects of the game that are just the best for you to watch and in which order?

A) Classic batting strokeplay with finely timed shots
B) Brutal master blaster batting, plenty of sixes
C) Speed merchant pacer, wickets flying and batsmen ducking
D) Steady seam/swing bowling, guile and skill
E) Fizzing, deceiving art of wrist spin
F) Accurate, big spinning finger spin
G) All star ground fielding and catching
H) Immaculate and diving wicket keeping

reyrey

School Boy/Girl Captain
The preference is only marginal and can change depending on my mood, but generally I like seeing bowlers on top so I'd rank it C, D, E, F, G, H, B, A.

If picking 3 I'd go with one from each discipline C, G, B

I'd add another option on the batting side too, so I) Tailenders playing shots and scoring runs.

Last edited:

shortpitched713

International Captain
Which are the top three aspects of the game that are just the best for you to watch and in which order?

A) Classic batting strokeplay with finely timed shots
B) Brutal master blaster batting, plenty of sixes
C) Speed merchant pacer, wickets flying and batsmen ducking
D) Steady seam/swing bowling, guile and skill
E) Fizzing, deceiving art of wrist spin
F) Accurate, big spinning finger spin
G) All star ground fielding and catching
H) Immaculate and diving wicket keeping
Well, I love all aspects of the game, and try to appreciate then equally for whichever team I'm rooting for.

But honestly, I love high quality bowling spells, over anything else. Pace or spin, doesn't really matter (although I tend to find the requisite level of quality to actualize that pleasure more often in seamers than in spinners).

Ali TT

International Debutant
Can hugely admire technical ability, relentless accuracy and repetition, graceful stroke play etc. However, what gets me on the edge of my seat is the slightly unhinged predictability of an aggressive batter like KP or Stokes, a fast bowling spell that has them ducking and weaving or a wrist spinner who himself is not quite sure how much and which way it'll turn, let alone the person at the other end.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Can hugely admire technical ability, relentless accuracy and repetition, graceful stroke play etc. However, what gets me on the edge of my seat is the slightly unhinged predictability of an aggressive batter like KP or Stokes, a fast bowling spell that has them ducking and weaving or a wrist spinner who himself is not quite sure how much and which way it'll turn, let alone the person at the other end.
I doubt many wrist spinners are unsure as to which way they’re turning the ball (hopefully).

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Everything except A and B.

Give them a toothpick and a Brian Lara backlift and A and B might be exciting again.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doesn't even include my favourite archetype of bowler. The big booming extravagant swing bowlers like Wasim, Steyn, Anderson, Bumrah at times etc. Clubbing them with 'steady seam bowlers' seems like a massive injustice.

subshakerz

International Coach
Doesn't even include my favourite archetype of bowler. The big booming extravagant swing bowlers like Wasim, Steyn, Anderson, Bumrah at times etc. Clubbing them with 'steady seam bowlers' seems like a massive injustice.
Steady may have been misleading but those who have swing or seam skill but aren't express.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
You can't watch one aspect at a time. Full enjoyment comes from seeing 2 or more of these at the same time.

e.g. F & B or A, D & G