• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In terms of just watching enjoyment, how would you rank the various aspects of the game?

bagapath

International Captain
Two of my most favourite cricketing moments on television come from the year 1986.

The final 10 over session of the Australasia cup final between India and Pakistan with Miandad clubbing the last ball for six is probably something I will carry to my grave. It was a thriller before thrillers became more frequent in LOI.

The last day of the tied test between Australia and India is a day of cricket that I will remember forever. I will never stop thanking Ravi Shastri for playing that little gem of an innings taking India close to victory and for taking a single in the last over, ensuring Australia didn't win the game.

so... to answer the OP I would say that a red hot chase against throttling bowling that keeps taking out wickets, making the run chase more difficult is something everyone will love to see.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I like swing bowling (any pace - Steyn was a golden god, Bumrah and Shoaib, CdG at the opposite end of the pace scale) and either orthodox batting with your dick out (Fab 4 in meme mode, CdG, Mitchell, Warner) or absolute putt putt batting.

Prime Wagner is in his own category. Every ball was an event.

Ali TT

International Debutant
Two of my most favourite cricketing moments on television come from the year 1986.

The final 10 over session of the Australasia cup final between India and Pakistan with Miandad clubbing the last ball for six is probably something I will carry to my grave. It was a thriller before thrillers became more frequent in LOI.

The last day of the tied test between Australia and India is a day of cricket that I will remember forever. I will never stop thanking Ravi Shastri for playing that little gem of an innings taking India close to victory and for taking a single in the last over, ensuring Australia didn't win the game.

so... to answer the OP I would say that a red hot chase against throttling bowling that keeps taking out wickets, making the run chase more difficult is something everyone will love to see.
Makes about as much sense as Americans calling the Superbowl winners world champions.

Agree with you though - it is the battle rather than the domination of bat or ball over the other that provides the most compelling viewing.

subshakerz

International Coach
Makes about as much sense as Americans calling the Superbowl winners world champions.

Agree with you though - it is the battle rather than the domination of bat or ball over the other that provides the most compelling viewing.
Not for me. For me, a close game between two mediocre teams isn't as compelling as watching a master of his craft in full flight.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year

Careful, we got another Noah Lyles here.

bagapath

International Captain
far better than that... all the asian and Australian international cricket teams of that time - India/ Pakistan/ Sri Lanka/ New Zealand/ Australia - competed in that tournament. England, West Indies and Zimbabwe were the only teams missing in the list to make it a proper World Cup.

Kirkut

International Regular
Personally I like A and F, although Bumrah is my current favorite cricketer.

Last edited: