• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

In Charge of a New Country

irfan

State Captain
Someone else has already started this thread but I can't find it. Essentially you are in charge of a new cricket playing country and you are allowed to recruit players from the test playing nations on the proviso that the players must be above 26 years of age, currently active and have NOT played Test/ODI/T20 cricket.

My Team:
Michael Klinger
NIck Jewell
Amol Muzmudar (c)
George Bailey
Yashpal Singh
Dominic Thornely
Chris Hartley +
Damien Wright
Rajesh Pawar
Ranadeb Bose
Steve Magoffin

Subs:
Siddharth Trivedi
Gagandeep Singh

Only know the domestic quality from Australia and India so didn't include any other countries reps. Seems like a pretty experienced side which could be a very handy for an up-coming intl side

If this can go to the right thread (which I can't locate) that would be great

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Think it was deleted, as i followed the link and it said it wasn't valid.
I started building a team, had a couple you had such as Hartley, Klinger, Singh but then gave up when I noticed the thread was gone.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, it was my thread but I had it deleted as I realised it was hard work to make a team :p

Id have Sales and Davis from England

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Imran Tahir would be my first pick but it is certainly a tough one, especially with the age requirement and the ODI restriction, rules out a lot of decent pro's that never made it to test level.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ITSTL.

1. Klinger
2. Sales
3. Yashpal Singh
4. Thornley
5. ?
6. Lamb (won't be for long however)
7. Ben Scott/Hartley
8. Joubert
9. Tahir
10. Gagandeep Singh
11. Davies

Bowling looks good but batting missing something. A lot tougher than I thought.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Finding players of enough quality that fit the criteria's proving particularly difficult. I've been able to think of players under 26 yet to play international cricket, likewise those over 26 and without a test appearance but with representation in ODIs and T20. Would definitely add David Sales to the side in the initial post but aside from him I'm struggling for additions.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Chris Swan, Brad Knowles, Michael Hogan and Mark Cameron would all be decent options with the ball.

With the bat you've also got Lee Carseldine and Ed Cowan as probably the best 2 Australian options not already mentioned.

jeevan

International 12th Man
R Vinay Kumar, topping Indian domestic bowling for 2 years and quite good for five, just turned 26. Given India's desperation over a seaming all-rounder, it's a surprise that Rajat Bhatia qualifies as well. That's my 2 cents.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
ITSTL.

1. Klinger
2. Sales
3. Yashpal Singh
4. Thornley
5. ?
6. Lamb (won't be for long however)
7. Ben Scott/Hartley
8. Joubert
9. Tahir
10. Gagandeep Singh
11. Davies

Bowling looks good but batting missing something. A lot tougher than I thought.
Been playing a lot of ICC, I presume? :P

Craig

World Traveller
Finding players of enough quality that fit the criteria's proving particularly difficult. I've been able to think of players under 26 yet to play international cricket, likewise those over 26 and without a test appearance but with representation in ODIs and T20. Would definitely add David Sales to the side in the initial post but aside from him I'm struggling for additions.
Yovich?

irfan

State Captain
Yeah, it was my thread but I had it deleted as I realised it was hard work to make a team :p

Id have Sales and Davis from England
Goughy, I thought it was you who made the thread but as I was trying to come up with my squad (which took ages btw) you had deleted it. I tried the whole search function using the threads started by this poster but got nowhere. :dry:

Great idea though I'm glad we got a few responses. I initially had Steve Magoffin but I had too many fast bowlers in the squad so I cut him. Didn't pick Cowan, Cleary, and a few others mentioned because they're stats aren't as great as the current incumbents. Was really hoping there might be a few smokeys from South Africa, Windies, Sri Lanka, NZ etc that people may have come up with - is a very strict selection criteria though

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm not going to pretend to be biased towards the Australians.

1 Ed Cowan
2 Ryan Broad
3 Michael Klinger
4 Lee Carseldine
5 George Bailey
6 Dominic Thornley
7 Chris Hartley
8 Steve Magoffin
9 Chris Swan
10 Damian Wright
11 Mark Davies