• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If South Africa beat India and make the World T20 final...

Sri Lanka vs. South Africa Final - Who is more likely to choke?

• Sri Lanka

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why aren't any of the other Indian posters pointing out that Muloghonto's username sounds like something an angry Bengali would say

Burgey

I don't understand the butt hurt. SL perform fine at home (remembering sides wouldn't go there in the 96 WC because of the terrorist threat, so they got a couple of what they normally are to other sides - walk overs) and ok on the SC, but they're **** elsewhere. I don't see why this comes as a revelation to anyone.

A source of shame, certainly. But I don't get the surprise at their being called out on their inter generational mediocrity.

horny warney

Cricket Spectator
I don't understand the butt hurt. SL perform fine at home (remembering sides wouldn't go there in the 96 WC because of the terrorist threat, so they got a couple of what they normally are to other sides - walk overs) and ok on the SC, but they're **** elsewhere. I don't see why this comes as a revelation to anyone.

A source of shame, certainly. But I don't get the surprise at their being called out on their inter generational mediocrity.
I think the Aussies chickened out due to the "threat"....because we all know your weakness against spin. Despite possessing the world's 2nd best spin bowler !!!

Burgey

I would have thought a Sri Lankan supporter of all people would understand the very real nature of the terrorist threat against cricketers.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
If you haven't been justifying it leading up to and after the event, a 50-over WC win is like Wigan winning the FA Cup last year IMO. An achievement alright but it doesn't mean you were the best team in the world/country.

Spark

Global Moderator
If you haven't been justifying it leading up to and after the event, a 50-over WC win is like Wigan winning the FA Cup last year IMO. An achievement alright but it doesn't mean you were the best team in the world/country.
I think there's a fair argument to be made that it definitely makes you the best at ODI cricket regardless of other results/rankings given how many teams are clearly and deliberately selected to not contain the best available players for bilateral series.

Burgey

I don't see how pointing out the current Australian team's ineptitude against spin somehow proves SL are suddenly of some relevance to international cricket, either.

Everyone knows the current Aussie team is terrible against spin, especially in the subcontinent. It's very disappointing as we've had lots of good players of spin in the past, but this current lot (Clarke and TPC aside) struggle with it massively.

I know it's very disappointing to followers of Australian cricket that they struggle playing the long sleeve 14.99999 degree brigade. But surely it's worse to have never produced a side in 30+ years that has ever been worth a squirt of piss outside your comfort zone?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Burgey, you taking out your frustration that Julie Bishop is voting against a war crimes inquiry into Sri Lanka?

Burgey

Wouldn't surprise me. She's as big a non-event as a Sri Lankan tour of Australia.

horny warney

Cricket Spectator
Burgey, you taking out your frustration that Julie Bishop is voting against a war crimes inquiry into Sri Lanka?
Ahhh war crimes and yooman rights...the old adage when a small nation stands up against the Western Brotherhood...lol

Iraq, Afghan, Libya, Syria...and the long list goes on.

Last edited:

horny warney

Cricket Spectator
I don't see how pointing out the current Australian team's ineptitude against spin somehow proves SL are suddenly of some relevance to international cricket, either.

Everyone knows the current Aussie team is terrible against spin, especially in the subcontinent. It's very disappointing as we've had lots of good players of spin in the past, but this current lot (Clarke and TPC aside) struggle with it massively.

I know it's very disappointing to followers of Australian cricket that they struggle playing the long sleeve 14.99999 degree brigade. But surely it's worse to have never produced a side in 30+ years that has ever been worth a squirt of piss outside your comfort zone?
Long sleeve shirts were the most innovative thing in world cricket. Here to stay..Burgs.