• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC World Cup 2019 schedule

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan v India was entertaining too. Tendulkar was dropped like 5 times before Afridi finally held onto one, Wahab took a ***y 5-fer and Misbah played one of the most bizarre innings I've ever seen.

vcs

'92 had the best uniforms. But that abomination of a rain rule alone should disqualify it from being the best World Cup.

I would probably go for '99 in my lifetime. '03 was also great, if only for the fact that Sachin walked on water in that tournament.

TheJediBrah

2011 is my favourite for obvious reasons. But even apart from India winning you had some amazing moments... that amazing Ind-Eng tie, Eng losing to both Ireland and Bangladesh but beating WI and SA in thrillers, Misbah's hilarious knock in the semi, SA's even more hilarious collapse vs NZ
2003 IMO. Australia were undefeated, but still had some close games unlike 2007. Host nation failed to make super-6s because of a wet piece of paper. Kenya made a semi-final (lol) despite being terrible. John Davison from Canada smashing ****s around the park. GOAT time-period for quality batsmen + bowlers (weren't as good in 1999, or retired by 2007). Gilchrist walking. Vaas hatrick in first 3 balls. Shane Warne was banned. All this despite being held in the crime capital of world cricket.

It is disgusting how certain sets of fans are penalised because they (the ICC/ECB) know they can exploit them basically.
Supply and demand. It's not exploitation, it's economics.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
2003 IMO. Australia were undefeated, but still had some close games unlike 2007. Host nation failed to make super-6s because of a wet piece of paper. Kenya made a semi-final (lol) despite being terrible. John Davison from Canada smashing ****s around the park. GOAT time-period for quality batsmen + bowlers (weren't as good in 1999, or retired by 2007). Gilchrist walking. Vaas hatrick in first 3 balls. Shane Warne was banned. All this despite being held in the crime capital of world cricket.

It is exploitation.

They know (middle class) Indian fans are crazy enough to pay those prices!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member

You forgot about South Africa's knock out

Cruxdude

International Debutant
What happens to ticket holders in case of rain? Is it just money down the drain? Thinking of going to one of India-Australia or India-Pakistan.

Burgey

What happens to ticket holders in case of rain? Is it just money down the drain? Thinking of going to one of India-Australia or India-Pakistan.
It's a well known fact that it doesn't rain in England in June.

The knockout games, being in early-mid July, are an awful worry though.

S.Kennedy

It is usually a refund based on a ratio of the amount of overs seen - you'll lose your booking fee though. From memory it is usually something like, under 10 overs (full refund), 10-25 overs (50% refund).

Daemon

Only if you are an arch capitalist.

I'm not saying they should charge the same amount for Eng v India as they would say WI v Sri, but £70 cheapest seat? Come on!
I actually think that's reasonable lol

Maybe because I've never been to a proper international match and I'm desperate

Daemon

Well a world cup game is certainly more than 5x that value. Once every 4 years and all that.

Idk, kids my age spend thousands going to music festivals, 80£ doesn't seem that bad to me.

S.Kennedy

Well a world cup game is certainly more than 5x that value. Once every 4 years and all that.

Idk, kids my age spend thousands going to music festivals, 80£ doesn't seem that bad to me.
Oh you are not going to get me to agree with that haha.

I suppose my main objection isn't so much the price per se (although it partially is) but the discrepancy. Cheapest tickets, £70 for England/India v anyone half-way decent as opposed to £16-£20 for basically every other match. It is probably worse for India as at least with England there is the geographic-economic rational (home=more English fans with easier access=more demand). With India there is an assumption that Indian fans are nuts (and rich) haha

vcs

You can get a 5-day pass to a Test match at the Chinnaswamy Stadium for Rs. 500 (cheap sets near long leg) ranging upto Rs. 25,000 or so (VIP box). Don't know what IPL tickets cost but I'm not planning on ever spending my own money to watch it.