• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC World Cup 2019 schedule

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I tried to order two tickets today as part of this ''family ballot'' and the whole process is an absolute dog's dinner. Waiting in a queue for hours and then when you finally get through you cannot even add the tickets (+/-). Balls to that.

S.Kennedy

Apparently I have ''applied'' for the following,

South Africa v Sri Lanka
West Indies v Sri Lanka

It takes hours queuing but if you persevere you get there in the end.

Last edited:

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 10.46.25 am.png

just applied for 6 NZ round robin games. gonna gamble and just try pick up resale tickets if NZ make the semis/final. now have to wait for 3 weeks to find out if my application is successful....

Expo

Banned
In world cup, every team will face each other. It seems to be like very interesting. The 11 venue of England and Wales are ready for the big event of cricket. Can't wait for approximately 1 year till now.

Jimbo67

Cricket Spectator
Applied for a few early games and the final, was going to try and get a few more matches and chances (get wife, dog etc to apply) but then realised the cost if I got all my choices would bankrupt most non oil producing countries. Think the cost of tickets is a rip off,I know it's the world cup etc etc but went to the champions trophy last year, great tournament and tickets between a third and half of the world cup prices.

S.Kennedy

Do you not think it is more a case of a massive discrepancy in the prices rather than overpriced across the board, £16-20 cheapest seats for basically anyone but England and India. They (ICC) just decided to hammer the home fans and cricket mad middle class Indians, but everybody else is getting a rather good deal (except when not playing aforementioned two teams).

I am supporting Sri Lanka this world cup. They have two games at my home venue, and it is cheap as chips.

Jimbo67

Cricket Spectator
Could never support anyone other than England, although if I lived in the Newport or North Yorkshire areas I might follow Sri Lanka as they seem to have a few games close to either area. I understand supply and demand but the cost of England, India, and to some extent Australia and SA tickets is prohibitive when we're trying to encourage new supporters to the game (not just T20 or cricket100) and have a world cup to showcase the game. I can't see many people queuing up to watch Afghanistan Vs Bangladesh for their first taste of international ODI regardless of the cost of the tickets.

cnerd123

likes this
I wouldn't mind seeing the Afghans to be honest. They're a fun team if nothing else.
But you're a cricket fan, you already know about Afghanistan

The casual cricket fans who don't know anything are the ones who will want to just watch India/Pakistan/England and will be the ones put off by the price of tickets for those games.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
But you're a cricket fan, you already know about Afghanistan

The casual cricket fans who don't know anything are the ones who will want to just watch India/Pakistan/England and will be the ones put off by the price of tickets for those games.
There is a large Afghan diaspora that go watch these games the way the casual SC fans flock to India-Pakistan games.

I feel like you tend to buy into the bull**** by BCCI, CA and ECB that no one watches games not involving India, Australia and England.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
There is a large Afghan diaspora that go watch these games the way the casual SC fans flock to India-Pakistan games.

I feel like you tend to buy into the bull**** by BCCI, CA and ECB that no one watches games not involving India, Australia and England.
That's a leap

Do you think the average casual cricket fan in England at the time of the WC will be aware of how fun Afghanistan are? Because that was my point.

I'm well aware they have a large travelling fanbase. It's a big reason why they got Test status IMO. But that's still relatively small and their games aren't the marquee games with high demand for tickets. It's fact.

How you went from me pointing that to implying I don't think anyone watches non-Big 3 games...

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Because that's what you're implying. There is an Afghan diaspora in England who would flock to see those matches. Yes the matches might not be full houses but neither are every England/Australia game.

Firebreaker

Banned
SA/NZ/Australia never get crowds in England in neutral games. Heck SA dont get crowd anywhere which is sad because they have a world class team.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
SA/NZ/Australia never get crowds in England in neutral games. Heck SA dont get crowd anywhere which is sad because they have a world class team.

had.

ABdV has retired.

:(

I havn't felt this bad since Kylie Minogue and Jason Donovan broke up.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
Because that's what you're implying. There is an Afghan diaspora in England who would flock to see those matches. Yes the matches might not be full houses but neither are every England/Australia game.
If Afghanistan games have larger attendances than India/England/Australia I'll concede my point to you

I expect the Big 3 games to be sold out, despite the ticket price, and the Afghanistan non-Big 3 games to be no more supported than the Pakistan and Bangladesh games.