• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I really don't care if this doesn't deserve a thread, but...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Yep, brought up with a thoroughly ungainly scramble to cover point off the very last ball of the innings.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Way to go Neil. I managed to scrap myself from no hoper aged 11 to forcing a brief minor counties career aged 14 which accumulated in a great tour to Barbados last summer.

It's amazing how much you can improve through sheer determination, hard work and application.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I also admire your keep of your own statistics. I'm a pretty big stat man in international cricket, yet I could probably only just tell you my last five innings batting average and don't even check my bowling figures every game.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
*Eight-year dig*

I wonder what odds the 2005 version of myself would have given on my averaging 59 in league cricket so far this summer?

Natural talent my arse. How long was I kidding myself?
Open up another thread - Has the standard of League Cricket dropeed by a factor of >10 since 2005? :ph34r:

Congrats mate. Fair progress that

Chubb

International Regular
He was never as bad as he said he was, though. I have it on good authority he was a useful keeper for his Devon League side despite being gobby. It was all a matter of self-belief. Plus all the coaching courses he has done probably helped.