• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I really don't care if this doesn't deserve a thread, but...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
cricket player said:
hahah

I dont have a kit either I use my team mates kit and teams kit
I have a kit brother, just not all the crazy protective shiz. I suggest you stop spending all your money on booze and instead invest on your own kit, a worthwhile buy for any young superstar.

cricket player

International Debutant
I know mate,

My father my mom doesnt support and doesnt like me to spend money on cricket,

I will start working in about 3 month and will buy a kit my self when I get 16.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Where`s your limit?
i faced a guy who was rolling his arm over and apparently he was bowling about 120-125kph (i think thats about 75-78mph and that was quite fast enough for me, that was opening though, no warming up to the pace (i was also only like 15 at the time)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
cricket player said:
Wear everything from tie pad to arm pad to chest pad to everything,

It makes your game very good yar.
Who the hell wears a tie when they bat?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Voltman said:
Easy for you to say. You`ve obviously never experienced the pain. When your tie is all crumpled and dirty, don`t come crying to me!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
King_Ponting said:
Definently and the whole box sharing business isnt really that cool mate
'cool' doesn't even come close.

'warm', 'sticky', 'oh my god there is a hair attached to it' and other terms spring to mind.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
Easy for you to say. You`ve obviously never experienced the pain. When your tie is all crumpled and dirty, don`t come crying to me!
Now here is a man who has his priorities nicely sorted out.

TRT (Tie-Related Trauma) is real, people. It's as real as the spots on Rikki Clarke's face, and it is a KILLER (well, actually Harbhajan is a killer but you know what I mean).

It ranks somewhere between Earwax Abuse and Cummerbunditis on the BSOT*.

*Big Scale Of Things

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Personally, I'm no big fan of ball machines unless the person up the other end is varying the lengths. Just get into lazy, bad habits otherwise.

I only ever use it at a slow pace to get my feet moving, and then to iron out a technical flaw that I'm having a lot of trouble with. Even the tradjectory out of the ball machine is flawed.

The best thing I've used is having someone throw cricket balls to you with a lacrosse stick from halfway down - the problem is finding someone who is good enough with a lacrosse stick to throw the ball where he wants it to go.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
Personally, I'm no big fan of ball machines unless the person up the other end is varying the lengths. Just get into lazy, bad habits otherwise.

I only ever use it at a slow pace to get my feet moving, and then to iron out a technical flaw that I'm having a lot of trouble with. Even the tradjectory out of the ball machine is flawed.

The best thing I've used is having someone throw cricket balls to you with a lacrosse stick from halfway down - the problem is finding someone who is good enough with a lacrosse stick to throw the ball where he wants it to go.
A lacrosse stick ... I'm gonna try this out, but as you said it's gonna be hard to find someone who can do it

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
the Australian women just won the world championship in lacrosse you might even be able to find a club now

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
age_master said:
the Australian women just won the world championship in lacrosse you might even be able to find a club now
Now I gotta do something about becoming a woman ...

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wahey i got 5 runs in a match for the first time since playing Amblecote and Woolston last season :happy:
my batting = rubbish

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Funny story ... my mate is a hopeless cricketer but he is such a good and funny bloke we give him a game every week ( he also brings the team kit :p ) ... anyway, we let him open and he reached his career highest score of 7, a feat that brought roars from the 9 man crowd. Unfortunately, his innings was ended by a ball that hit him where it hurts resulting in him unable to take further part in the game. We couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the day !

cricket player

International Debutant
Career high 7 lol

Anyways was he hit in the private part?

You some people love to play cricket,but at the main time they dont know how to play it,

I would really feel sorry for who ever that fellow is,

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
cricket player said:
Career high 7 lol

Anyways was he hit in the private part?

You some people love to play cricket,but at the main time they dont know how to play it,

I would really feel sorry for who ever that fellow is,
Yes, the privates

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
...as everyone here knows, when whoever hands out cricket ability was doing the rounds, he didn't bother gracing the Croft Baker wards of Grimsby Hospital in the small hours of August 30, 1985. As such, my entire cricketing career before today had yielded 28 runs and 13 wickets, with a high point of a tortuous six, not out.

Hence, as I strode to the wicket at Tavistock CC at 1704 this afternoon I expected little reward for my obliging acceptance of my midday "er, Neil, someone's ill, and we need to leave in half an hour and there's no-one else left who's allowed out on their own after eight o'clock" phone call.

Therefore, It was with great delight that I strode back forty minutes later with 17 runs to my name, having struck two crisp cover drives to the boundary and added another, more agricultural slog-sweep.

My career average has moved from 2.16 to 3.21 in less than an hour.

I feel great... and I'd like to thank Rikki for inspiring me :D
congrats neil!!! :)

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Voltman said:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
My eyes are watering

And it gets better....
Nnanden said:
Thanks guys, I needed a laugh

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Blaze said:
Neil how are you so bad?

Perhaps you lack application and/or concentration
Nope, nowt wrong wi' them. It's just natural talent; ie ability to pick the line and length of the ball; that's lacking...
*Eight-year dig*

I wonder what odds the 2005 version of myself would have given on my averaging 59 in league cricket so far this summer?

Natural talent my arse. How long was I kidding myself?