• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I dont like Bazball

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
From an English pov, it's hard to argue with the results. And it is great fun to watch, although I wouldn't be saying that if we were losing all the time playing this way. I just get a bit twitchy when the players allow themselves to get drawn into whether they're trying to change test cricket, which happened after Day 1 during the first test. The correct response should be that they're trying to change the way that England play test cricket, but they wouldn't presume to tell other sides how to play.

thierry henry

International Coach
*Different. This is different, TH.

To quote Chopper Read, even Beethoven had his critics. We live in a perpetual world of either 'oh wow this is the greatest of all time' and 'oh this is the worst', quite often within short periods of time of each other on the same subject. Spose that gets reaction, sells papers etc.
No it’s just bad cricket (which is entirely distinct from ineffective cricket or unsuccessful cricket)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I don’t want to cause any upset but I’m sure Mags made the same reference a few pages back

Shady Slim

International Coach
I don’t want to cause any upset but I’m sure Mags made the same reference a few pages back
mags getting the full "woman on the internet" experience by having made a reference and then having blokes steal it a few pages later and taking the credit

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
I also don't like Bazball , I can see the potential effect if every team starts playing like this , this is probably going to be used as justification to reduce Test Cricket to 4 days because of the higher scoring rates somewhere down the line . Becareful what you wish for ..