• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I dont like Bazball

Molehill

International Captain
They would've tied that test but the umpires cheated and decided not to give a wide to a wide ball
They would've won that Test if they hadn't enforced the follow on.

Another key aspect of Bazball, always try and create an extra day off when you can play golf instead.

Spark

Global Moderator
Someone should maintain a checklist until there's nothing left. It was fine being skeptical of it the first couple of series but some people have been in denial for months now. It's a transformation of unheard of proportions and has enough nuance with both batting and bowling tactics beyond the central "BRRRR MUST HIT FOURS AND SIXES" to be a reliable recipe for success.
I mean people can think what they like but the people who stubbornly believe it hasn't worked (and they exist!) - i.e. it wasn't a clear and massive improvement over the rank incompetence of Silverwood and his ilk - I can only assume are saying that out of ideologically driven spite.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
I mean people can think what they like but the people who stubbornly believe it hasn't worked (and they exist!) - i.e. it wasn't a clear and massive improvement over the rank incompetence of Silverwood and his ilk - I can only assume are saying that out of ideologically driven spite.
Perhaps let's called out Labuschagne more then!

Chin Music

State 12th Man
He's one who has seemingly rubbished Bazball when interviewed about it. If anything most players of other countries seem to at least be intrigued by it and mostly respectful of the results that England have got in the Stokes/McCullum era, but he called it rubbish. I will take a whole lot more of this rubbish if we have the overall results trajectory, i.e. w14 L4. I don't expect England to win the series in India, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up say 3-2 to India and frayed nerves there in the end.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He's one who has seemingly rubbished Bazball when interviewed about it. If anything most players of other countries seem to at least be intrigued by it and mostly respectful of the results that England have got in the Stokes/McCullum era, but he called it rubbish. I will take a whole lot more of this rubbish if we have the overall results trajectory, i.e. w14 L4. I don't expect England to win the series in India, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up say 3-2 to India and frayed nerves there in the end.
He said it was rubbish that they put the word bazball in the dictionary, not that the actual changes implemented by Stokes and McCullum hadn't been positive. I reckon Stokes and McCullum probably agree with him as well; they seem to hate the word bazball more than anyone else.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
He said it was rubbish that they put the word bazball in the dictionary, not that the actual changes implemented by Stokes and McCullum hadn't been positive. I reckon Stokes and McCullum probably agree with him as well; they seem to hate the word bazball more than anyone else.
But it did come across as though he was rubbishing it as a strategy.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
I wish it was Stokesball so I could say I invented it and passed the secrets onto my long lost cousin.

Should get me some action.