• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am a thread for Polite Discussion about Umpiring Errors as of post #57

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
That list is complete garbage. At least half of those were OUT OUT OUT. You don't get any more PLUMB LBW that that one sited as #6. Middle stump out of the ground. That website that posted that list is is a shocker, bias at its very best. Also the same dismissals are mentioned more than once (McGrath Adelaide 99 etc), so the final tally is all over the place.
42) One terrible series where 4 out of 5 dismissals were wrong in 2005....lbw off muralitharan at CHENNAI TEST when he was on 22...u can call it 50-50 though in 2005...

43) lbw off muralitharan at delhi test where ball pitched out side of leg stump & baman was long stride in 2005... when he was at 109..

44) In 2005 lbw off BANDARA at DELHI TEST when he was long stride forward & ball was going clearly over the top..when he was on 16..
Can you confirm these? Surely he wouldn't have got 4 bad LBW calls in 1 series?

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Spark, i'll do Lara, you do Ponting. Nasser Hussain got more bad ones in 3 years than Sachin got in his career....or so it seemed!!

robelinda

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Seen it before on youtube. Don't know if its still there, there is/has been many videos showing some dodgy decisions against Sachin but channels are always being shut down.
So did he actually get 4 bad calls in that series against SL or just 1 or 2?

robelinda

I honestly don't remember, I can think of 2 that were bad, but really a lot of those on that list weren't bad decisions to be crying about. what we need is video of every decision on that list, and i probably can do that.....but thats a lot of work indeed! Still working on my video of every Mark Waugh catch in international cricket.

ganeshran

International Debutant
First there were posts highlighting the dubious decisions that went in favour of India, so I found a list which lists the decisions which went against Sachin (there will be many more if we count the entire team), to put the entire discussion into perspective. Just like people need to realize that howlers will go *randomly* against a batsman every now and then, they also need to realize that every now and then decisions will *randomly* favour either side in a game.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
First there were posts highlighting the dubious decisions that went in favour of India, so I found a list which lists the decisions which went against Sachin (there will be many more if we count the entire team), to put the entire discussion into perspective. Just like people need to realize that howlers will go *randomly* against a batsman every now and then, they also need to realize that every now and then decisions will *randomly* favour either side in a game.
Well done you.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Can you confirm these? Surely he wouldn't have got 4 bad LBW calls in 1 series?
The second one was wrong. I tried but couldnt find videos for the others. Shame on broadcasters for pulling old content from which they couldn't benefit financially. :@

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
take the snapshot posted by that ab poster (will look up his name and edit soon).. The ball pitching and is still to make contact with the bat.

As I said, the only reason I am so convinced is that no one made a fuss about it. It is only a couple of posters here who are doing that. Plus, the pitch was that slow that there is no way the ball is traveling that fast on the bounce... It was off the face off the bat straight to Ramesh's hand.