• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Huge statistical analysis on greatest ODI batsman ranked - Cricinfo

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Viv has a great MoM to match ratio. One in every six matches. And to think of it, many matches those days would not be even having a MoM award I reckon.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That one looks a lot better IMO. Might be a bit biased but any ranking that doesn't have Bevan at or close to the top is not going to get any traction from me.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think MoM awards is a brilliant measure, especially as it seems to be based on the number of awards without accounting for number of matches. Same with WC runs. Plus I always thought certain players, were, shall we say, 'prone' to winning MoM awards compared to other regardless of performance.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That one looks a lot better IMO. Might be a bit biased but any ranking that doesn't have Bevan at or close to the top is not going to get any traction from me.
It's tough for him to be there in a statistical ranking system unless the analysis was specifically tailored that way. For non-statistical rankings, agreed.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bevan is #3 in Rajesh's analysis and it's purely statistical, just without funky variables.

Spark

Global Moderator
On the one hand, that list is laughable. On the other hand, this is super fodder for my campaign. You all know the one of which I speak.

Jack1

International Debutant
Michael Bevan not in the top 10 says a lot about that statistical analysis. Complete waste of time.

And Ab De Villiers

Last edited: