• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How many temporary bans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Without wanting to open any cans of worms, is something of a shame that Fiery has finally gone for good (presume the perma-ban will actually be perma this time). :(

We had some bad times and some good ones, but we'll miss ya! (Most of us, obviously)

Was almost inevitably going to happen sometime I have to say, but a shame nonetheless.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Without wanting to open any cans of worms, is something of a shame that Fiery has finally gone for good (presume the perma-ban will actually be perma this time). :(

We had some bad times and some good ones, but we'll miss ya! (Most of us, obviously)

Was almost inevitably going to happen sometime I have to say, but a shame nonetheless.
Is there really any purpose for this, besides beating up the fact that a member has been banned?

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't see any problem with it, tbh. He was a prominent figure in the community and naturally people are going to ask why he was banned, may as well answer it instead of being ****wits like the mod team usually are when someone's banned.

EDIT: I didn't see James had given an explanation in the actual thread in question.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
It is a shame he has gone, but I guess understandable.

I thought the vast majority of his posts were a benefit to the forum and that he was good to have around. Obviously, as we all know, he sometimes got sucked in and posted in a very irrate fashion.

Im sure he had enough warnings and the ban was deserved but from my POV Id rather he was still around.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Is there really any purpose for this, besides beating up the fact that a member has been banned?
To let people (those that read this forum) know quickly rather than waiting for it to filter through (I'd never have heard about Bennett's ban but for the comments earlier in this thread for instance, and would only have noticed if I'd happened upon a post thus showing his profile) and to say I find it a bit sad.

Not questioning the decision in any way, as Kev said in the post above it was inevitable, really. I can't see that there was any other alternative left to you.

My disappointment is in him doing stuff to be banned, not that he was.

Flem274*

123/5
Its a shame it came to this but it was always going to happen the way he was posting last night and I'm disappointed but not surprised at all. In all honesty I think Perm should get a warning for baiting, he'll deny he was baiting but at times it definitely seemed like it.

I suppose we can call him a CW posting version of Craig McMillan or Jesse Ryder, an enormous amount of knowledge and a good bloke to chat cricket with but the dirty laundary brought him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.