• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How good is Sanga?

• Total voters

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
The one point which many people on here against Sanga that he's "robotic" or doesn't have much flair, I just can't believe that at all. The guy's batting is pure *** for the eyes and I'll be watching his innings on YouTube years from now, that I can guarantee. People who can't see the aesthetic quality of his batting must be some jaded ****s.
He's aesthetically amazing to watch but aura is something different. VVS Laxman is aesthetically amazing, but has zero aura, for example.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The one point which many people on here against Sanga that he's "robotic" or doesn't have much flair, I just can't believe that at all. The guy's batting is pure *** for the eyes and I'll be watching his innings on YouTube years from now, that I can guarantee. People who can't see the aesthetic quality of his batting must be some jaded ****s.
He's aesthetically pleasing no doubt; but I find Jayawardene more aesthetically pleasing when on song on a road.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah maybe he didn't have as much of an aura as some of the greats when he strode out to the crease but zero?

OverratedSanity

He's aesthetically amazing to watch but aura is something different. VVS Laxman is aesthetically amazing, but has zero aura, for example.
O RLY.

Actual quotes from Aussie(and some non-Aussie) CW posters, who predicted he'd win India the game from a hopeless position, and duly did so (Mohali 2010):

Laxman to go coco-bananas here and get India home in a thriller.
Also, if Laxman gets India home, with a bad back, on a dodgy pitch, after all he's put us through against him, then I think we should refuse him entry to the country for the rest of his life. Cancel any visa, put up "WANTED" posters everywhere, had enough!
As long as VVS is there, Australia still has to be ****ing their pants. He goes from good to GOD against them.
Not calling this as anyone's game while Laxman is still in there. How does it manage to do it against us, every damn time!??
This, will breath easier when we take the 9th wicket/once Laxman goes.
Laxman has some kind of super power that only involves Australia.
I don't get laxman? Is he some kind of terminator sent into the future to destroy Australia? Does he possess some kind of divine knowledge they we don't have?
VVS, as stated, is not a man but some sort of Australia-crushing run-scoring alien construct.
Laxman's gonna **** us again... I can feel it.
That's ****-your-pants-when-he's-batting aura right there.

PS: I have a lot of time on my hands

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
O RLY.

Actual quotes from Aussie(and some non-Aussie) CW posters, who predicted he'd win India the game from a hopeless position, and duly did so (Mohali 2010):

That's ****-your-pants-when-he's-batting aura right there.

PS: I have a lot of time on my hands
Dunno seems like you are confusing things. Theyre referring to his previous performances, what's that got to with having aura?

It's funny that I am debating whether VVS Laxman has aura on the field. Sachin has aura. Lara has aura. Ponting has aura. Steve Waugh has aura. Keith Miller has aura. VVS Laxman, simply does not.

OverratedSanity

Dunno seems like you are confusing things. Theyre referring to his previous performances, what's that got to with having aura?

It's funny that I am debating whether VVS Laxman has aura on the field. Sachin has aura. Lara has aura. Ponting has aura. Steve Waugh has aura. Keith Miller has aura. VVS Laxman, simply does not.
coz the aussies were terrified of him because they knew he'd deliver in a clutch situation and **** them up. Is that not part of one's aura?

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
coz the aussies were terrified of him because they knew he'd deliver in a clutch situation and **** them up. Is that not part of one's aura?
You are arguing for the sake of here. I was merely giving an example there in the first place, no need to dig out a thousand quotes to contradict it, as if I was stating some scientific fact. My point simply was that you can be aesthetically pleasing yet not have the aura that is being talked about when talking about the likes of Sachin, Viv, etc. You've taken the discussion into a completely unnecessary direction.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You are arguing for the sake of here. I was merely giving an example there in the first place, no need to dig out a thousand quotes to contradict it, as if I was stating some scientific fact. My point simply was that you can be aesthetically pleasing yet not have the aura that is being talked about when talking about the likes of Sachin, Viv, etc. You've taken the discussion into a completely unnecessary direction.
Yeah OS, how dare you try to decipher what AldoRaine actually means and provide evidence for your stance instead of just letting him get away with airy fluff words that don't really mean anything to mask the subjective nature of his preferences.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I agree with the fact that being aesthetically pleasing and oozing aura are 2 different things.

Lara was aesthetically pleasing and he had aura.

Shahid Afridi has aura, but isn't aesthetically pleasing.

Parthiv Patel is aesthetically pleasing to an extent, but he had no aura.

Shiv Chanderpaul had neither.

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Yeah OS, how dare you try to decipher what AldoRaine actually means and provide evidence for your stance instead of just letting him get away with airy fluff words that don't really mean anything to mask the subjective nature of his preferences.
Do you guys always behave like this? Can't have a sensible discussion here or what? Jesus.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

wtf, Laxman definitely had an aura. Consistent ridiculous performances against the best team of his era.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I agree with the fact that being aesthetically pleasing and oozing aura are 2 different things.

Lara was aesthetically pleasing and he had aura.

Shahid Afridi has aura, but isn't aesthetically pleasing.

Parthiv Patel is aesthetically pleasing to an extent, but he had no aura.

Shiv Chanderpaul had neither.
Don't agree with Chanderpaul. **** definitely had an 'well I'm not getting out today' aura.