• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hated Players

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Richard said:
Nowhere near as many as he wouldn't score but for dropped catches!:!(
I think it is dumb luck. The edges always seem to go through gaps in the slips to point regions, where there are no fielders....

But yes, the aussie catching has benn @&#@^$ poor this series.....as if they don't pratice it enough!

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
SquidAU said:
I think it is dumb luck. The edges always seem to go through gaps in the slips to point regions, where there are no fielders....

But yes, the aussie catching has benn @&#@^$ poor this series.....as if they don't pratice it enough!
i dont rate sehwag either its so obvious hes scared of fast bowling, 100%luck.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Good in the first 15 overs against an attack remotely off line.
Lee will pay eventually, whether or not in this series.

shankar

International Debutant
Sehwag's scored centuries in SA,England,Australia.He gets a ton every 4 test matches or so.C'mon guys...has to be more than just dumb luck.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
shankar said:
Sehwag's scored centuries in SA,England,Australia.He gets a ton every 4 test matches or so.C'mon guys...has to be more than just dumb luck.
Not just luck. Luck and poor fielding would be my guess as to why he gets so many runs.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Don't know - never bothered.
He's never actually been that lucky until the Australian Tests.
He scored a thoroughly good century in the Trent Bridge Test (forget the St. George's Park one - it wasn't opening) but he was ruthlessly exposed in New Zealand.
He didn't do that well in Australia; constant let-offs helped significantly inflate his average.
And with McGrath around I am pretty sure the first-chance average would have been even lower.
In my view there is no evidence that Sehwag is a Test-class opener. To score runs in India as an opener isn't that difficult.

shankar

International Debutant
Richard said:
but he was ruthlessly exposed in New Zealand.
He was the only guy in the team to get any runs in the ODI series.
(He got 2 centuries, average of 47.0).If you're talking abt. tests, batsmen of both sides struggled on those sub-standard pitches.There were only 3 fifties in the whole series.The highest score in the 2nd test was 39.So he cant be judged on the basis of that series.

Craig

World Traveller
Came to think of it - I did lose a lot of respect for Carl Hooper from 1999-2003.

He wouldn't know what a team is and how to play as one, even if you explained it to him.

When I say English players, I of course mean those who play for the England team.

I believe that about half of them are not actually English.