• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hated Players

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Shane Warne said:
When I say English players, I of course mean those who play for the England team.

I believe that about half of them are not actually English.
Okay okay, that was kind of funny. :p

Jason_M

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Glenn McGrath, the bloke is just so in love with himself, no class at all in the way he conducts himself both on and off the field (in the media).

simmy

International Regular
And Andrew Symonds is I suppose? Born and bred in BIRMINGHAM!

I hate Damien Martyn... doesnt smile.. doesnt talk... boring boring man.

simmy said:
And Andrew Symonds is I suppose? Born and bred in BIRMINGHAM!
And England would give their left testicle for him to have played for them, whereas England happily take the Australian rejects with open arms. :laugh:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
shankar said:
He was the only guy in the team to get any runs in the ODI series.
(He got 2 centuries, average of 47.0).If you're talking abt. tests, batsmen of both sides struggled on those sub-standard pitches.There were only 3 fifties in the whole series.The highest score in the 2nd test was 39.So he cant be judged on the basis of that series.
The ODIs are totally irrelevant.
The pitches weren't substandard, they were just unusually seam-friendly. And they exposed quite a few batsmen, Sehwag included.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Updated List:

1) Kevin Pietersen
2) Arjuna Ranatunga
3) Muttiah Muralitharan
4) Shoaib Akhtar

Although hate is a bit of a strong word, except for the first two, and the third one I don't have a problem with off the field..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Shane Warne said:
And England would give their left testicle for him to have played for them, whereas England happily take the Australian rejects with open arms. :laugh:
That's only fair, after all.

We started you off with the dregs of our society, now we've got a cricket team comprising the dregs of everyone else's.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Shane Warne said:
When I say English players, I of course mean those who play for the England team.

I believe that about half of them are not actually English.
Hand picking their sterling-seeking players from a good three countries and get hammered by a country of less than a third their population?

twctopcat

International Regular
It's all about making the england team as south african as possible, they're made of tougher stuff. Get prior in there now!!!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
It's all about making the england team as south african as possible, they're made of tougher stuff. Get prior in there now!!!
While doing the utmost to hate everything South African other than that which has defected here.

Scallywag

Banned
luckyeddie said:
That's only fair, after all.

We started you off with the dregs of our society, now we've got a cricket team comprising the dregs of everyone else's.
And our dregs have gone on to completely dominate you, I see England have adopted a different approach now. By importing the dregs from other countries you hope to be able to compete against Australia again.

Not a chance mate englishmen are just to physically weak to take on Aussies.

twctopcat

International Regular
Richard said:
While doing the utmost to hate everything South African other than that which has defected here.
Oh but of course. Anyone who doesn't defect is so inexplicably stupid they should be shot at rorkes's drift at dawn.

twctopcat

International Regular
Scallywag said:
And our dregs have gone on to completely dominate you, I see England have adopted a different approach now. By importing the dregs from other countries you hope to be able to compete against Australia again.

Not a chance mate englishmen are just to physically weak to take on Aussies.
I love your patriotism scally, it oozes out of your every pore.

And physically weak??? Wouldn't be so sure.........

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
twctopcat said:
Oh but of course. Anyone who doesn't defect is so inexplicably stupid they should be shot at rorkes's drift at dawn.
Ah, thanks for explaining that - every Englishman who hates South African cricket in every way is now justified (!)
:p

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pietersen actually strikes me as being more "Aussie" than English... (No offence Aussies)

I'd love to tell that to his face

twctopcat

International Regular
I love trying to lip-read the kp, because all the obscenities come out with the saffie twang, doesn't look right, but hilarious nonetheless!!