• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group G: France, Switzerland, South Korea, Togo

atichon

School Boy/Girl Captain
Pedro Delgado said:
Allez les Bleus.
Thanks, I don't think they were that bad in the 1st half, at least showing movement and sometimes inspiration. They should learn how to score. The 2nd half worries me more : slow, no creativity, looked like the friendlies

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Desperately mediocre game. Easily the worst one not involving us thus far. Switzerland looked tight & well organised but lacking a cutting edge up front, but yer Forgs were shocking. They played like strangers for most of the match. Vieira looks a pale shadow of the collosus who bestrode Highbury & Zidane still has great vision, but has lost that crucial yard from his legs.

Terence was pretty disappointing too; if he wants to save his best performances for God's own team tho that's more than fine by me!

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
Terence was pretty disappointing too; if he wants to save his best performances for God's own team tho that's more than fine by me!
Aye, look out Watford and Reading...

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
France were so so average. Fairplay to Switzerland who seemed to be attacking a bit more, but they were happy with a point so didn't want want to risk it that much.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
atichon said:
Thanks, I don't think they were that bad in the 1st half, at least showing movement and sometimes inspiration. They should learn how to score. The 2nd half worries me more : slow, no creativity, looked like the friendlies
You're welcome. Teams have started badly and done well (Argentina '90, Italy '82) in the past so there's hope for France yet. Fingers crossed anyway.

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
MMMmmmm yummy

money no one else picked a nil all result mmmmm put in my $20 on a result

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Barney Rubble said:
Zidane and Henry don't work in the same team. Just my two cents.
France are crap, that's my two cents, i for one hope they get stuffed by Korea, who, when they found their rhythm, were capable of playing some nice football and scored two fine goals. Au Revoir les bleus

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
roseboy64 said:
Don't want to support Scaly's argument but Henry failed once again.
I'll probably get a right hammering for what I'm about to say - but does anyone think that Scaly might be right? While I disagree that he has never performed against the best clubs, he hasn't seemed capable of producing the goods at international level in a long-time. At France 98, he looked very good as a young whippersnapper but since then his international performances have been more out of the Djibiril Cisse tetxtbook.

I might be wrong, but I think some of you might be more inclined to agree with Scaly's argument if it wasn't Scaly's argument

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pedro Delgado said:
You're welcome. Teams have started badly and done well (Argentina '90, Italy '82) in the past so there's hope for France yet. Fingers crossed anyway.
Let's be reasonable though, Argentina were crap all the way through Italia 90, their performance in the final was a fair reflection of their performance in the tournament. Still, I take your point.

The best example for me is 1954 where Hungary beat West germany 8-3 in the group stage only to succumb to them in the final, 3-2. LOL