• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - Ireland, Pakistan, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

Athlai

Not Terrible
Shahid Afridi will contradict who goes through IMO, if he gets on top of us Kiwi's then it could turn out bad for us. McCullum seems to play spin not so much poorly but his whole mindset changes when they come onto bowl. Ross Taylor tries to put them over cow corner and it either comes off well, or it doesn't at all. Our middle order isnt in great form, Oram can usually take it too the spinners but he hasn't done it for a long time. If Afridi takes a few important wickets, I think Pakistan will win and therefore go through but if NZ get on top of him, it will be the opposite.

Also I can't wait too see how Ross Taylor play Mendis :p
Expect something like this:

6.4 Mendis to Guptill goes for a single
6.5 Mendis to Taylor Oh brilliant shot! Taylor heaves that over to legside and its not coming back. 6 runs.
6.6 Mendis to Taylor Oh so close! He edged that and they scamper for a single, Mubarak should really have been paying a bit more attention to the ball there. That was a chance.

7.1 Malinga to Taylor. Bowled.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Only Pakistan has to play two back to back matches as they did in the last championship
this time newzealand replaces Australia, hope they can repeat super 8's performances
Ireland have to play back to back twice...their last first stage game is today, the play their first super 8 game tomorrow then 14th & 15th

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ireland have to play back to back twice...their last first stage game is today, the play their first super 8 game tomorrow then 14th & 15th
Indeed. Ridiculous to complain though when it's customary to play cricket for five straight days with 90 overs in each.

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Expect something like this:

6.4 Mendis to Guptill goes for a single
6.5 Mendis to Taylor Oh brilliant shot! Taylor heaves that over to legside and its not coming back. 6 runs.
6.6 Mendis to Taylor Oh so close! He edged that and they scamper for a single, Mubarak should really have been paying a bit more attention to the ball there. That was a chance.

7.1 Malinga to Taylor. Bowled.
Nah I reckon

6.1 Mendis to Taylor Pushes it off the back foot to cover.
6.2 Mendis to Taylor OUT! Shuffles to the leg side, goes for the slog sweep and it gets the top edge and Silva runs in too take the catch. Poor shot from Taylor and so on....

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Indeed. Ridiculous to complain though when it's customary to play cricket for five straight days with 90 overs in each.
Yeah, although these back-to-back games you have today & tomorrow were obviously scheduled on the assumption of you going out

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, although these back-to-back games you have today & tomorrow were obviously scheduled on the assumption of you going out
Fair point. Why was it such a surprise to the cricket world that the tenth-best side in the world beat the ninth-best side in the world in home conditions tailor-made for them?

In any case, it may be mildly annoying but I don't think it's a disadvantage.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I like Younis Khan. Honest, funny and particularly good at cricket.
Yeah he was pretty close to facts as Osman Samiuddin puts it

"In this form it is better to take it easy and have fun. It is like WWF."
Younis tries to explain Twenty20 some more. Exactly like WWE, in fact, what with the steroids, the pumped-up bodies, the crazy soap-opera storylines, the fixed matches, crazy chairmen with no qualms about nepotism... oh wait, did he mean Pakistan cricket or Twenty20?

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Now in the latest press conference YK compares 20/20 to WWE now cue amother match fixing controversey.
I actually agree with him. the organisers are putting too much stock on the trimmings and not enough on the game itself.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah he was pretty close to facts as Osman Samiuddin puts it

"In this form it is better to take it easy and have fun. It is like WWF."
Younis tries to explain Twenty20 some more. Exactly like WWE, in fact, what with the steroids, the pumped-up bodies, the crazy soap-opera storylines, the fixed matches, crazy chairmen with no qualms about nepotism... oh wait, did he mean Pakistan cricket or Twenty20?
:laugh:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
it's stupidity to compare test cricket with t20
Prob with back to back games isn't you don't 've enough time for rest, but the prob is if u lose 1 match, play again next day, lose again, you just go home. So u always need sometime to think about the team combination etc

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
i heard in news, they'll 've a scan of yasir Arafat today, then they'll decide who'll replace him. If his injury isn't serious, he can't be replaced. Otherwise Ahmed Shehzad & butt would 've already been replaced lol

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
if then ICC doesn't allow him to replace Yasir Arafat, i would say *********
Good news i guess
but wouldn't it be better if we could replace Butt with Imran Nazir?
Just say him to go out tonight & go to a night club, then send him home & Replace him with Imran Nazir? lol Just kidding

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
I just read the preview for the NZ vs Ireland game on cricinfo and it said:

"while Ross Taylor's hamstring has forced the selectors to rest him"

But then it had him in the likely line up?:

1 Brendon McCullum (capt), 2 Martin Guptil, 3 Ross Taylor, 4 Neil Broom, 5 Jacob Oram, 6 Scott Styris, 7 Peter McGlashan (wk), 8 Nathan McCullum, 9 James Franklin, 10 Ian Butler, 11 Kyle Mills