• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F: Brazil, Croatia, Australia, Japan

Xuhaib

International Coach
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Owen Hargreaves to score the goal of the tournament tonight. I can sense it.
Have you guys at CW labeled him as the Rikki Clark or Ian Blackwell or Shaun Udal of english football.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
He's not even good enough to reach those levels.
Hmm but he was picked by he who never cost England the game against Portugal, so you should surely rate Hargreaves because he who never cost England the game against Portugal rates him.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Isn't it amazing how the some people never fail to get in meaningless digs?

Notice how quiet he was when Eriksson's astute substitutions changed the game against T&T...

Last edited:

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:

Notice how quiet he was when Eriksson's astute substitutions changed the game against T&T...
Sure Scaly does it. But let's be honest marc, you do alot of it as well.

In fact you probably do it more. Yours are just less controversial but annoying at times none the less.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:

Why should the vegetable get credit for fielding a narrow side which kept playing with a back 6 (Lampard and Gerrard constantly sat just in front of the back 4) and then correcting bits of it? Do England get praised for playing decently for a small portion of the last two games and being rubbish the rest of the time?

Cloete

International Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Sorry. kinda saw the talk of England and got a bit lost. My bad.
Look, I just don't think I have it in me to forgive you for something as sinister as that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Hargreaves is the Blackwell of English football, noone knows why he is selected, but he is.

Marc and Scaly are like a married couple.

Really quite amusing. :laugh:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cloete said:
Look, I just don't think I have it in me to forgive you for something as sinister as that.
I understand. Just understand that I never meant to hurt you, and if you're ready to forgive me, I'll be waiting, always

Cloete

International Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Hargreaves is the Blackwell of English football, noone knows why he is selected, but he is.

Marc and Scaly are like a married couple.

Really quite amusing. :laugh:
:laugh:

Well said.

GeraintIsMyHero said:
I understand. Just understand that I never meant to hurt you, and if you're ready to forgive me, I'll be waiting, always
Give it time. Things may improve. But it could take a fair while.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
He was so good it's not funny. The best left foot since Christy Brown.

A mistake from the Beeb not showing this match on channel 1 for me, but with Leonardo in the studio and everyone spunking over Brazil they had to show them I suppose; I'll be over on Three meself.