• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group E (Super 8) - Pakistan, South Africa, New Zealand, England

King Pietersen

International Captain
Who was saying Yardy wouldn't be effective at International level? Bowled beautifully and added some vital runs at the end of the innings today. Seems Flower might have been right to pick the left-arm spinning all-rounder. Quality stuff.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
When you seemingly break a finger every second match, it's bound to effect you
Maybe, but to me he's very much a form player. When he's out of touch the (glaring) flaws in his technique are shown up. He drives loosely and away from his body, plays across the line and can't rotate the strike.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Swanneh picks up ABDV. South Africa playing spin about as well as India played the Aussie pace attack yesterday. Laughable batting.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe, but to me he's very much a form player. When he's out of touch the (glaring) flaws in his technique are shown up. He drives loosely and away from his body, plays across the line and can't rotate the strike.
As far as I can tell, that's how he plays most of the time:laugh:

Just that he usually bashes the Poms

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As far as I can tell, that's how he plays most of the time:laugh:

Just that he usually bashes the Poms
Well, yeah. When he's going well obviously you can't argue, but when he's not he just looks a fat hack with all his little glitches.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, yeah. When he's going well obviously you can't argue, but when he's not he just looks a fat hack with all his little glitches.
Glad Richard isnt around or else this would become 38 pages of selected statistics arguing why Smith is the world's most correct batsman

King Pietersen

International Captain
Missed stumping from Kieswetter. Definitely has some hard work to do if he's going to succeed at International level.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Howler from Kieswetter. Boucher was gone for all money if he'd taken the ball.

First proper bollock I've seen him drop tho. Keeping looks more tidy than Prior's or Jones's were when they came in anyway.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Howler from Kieswetter. Boucher was gone for all money if he'd taken the ball.

First proper bollock I've seen him drop tho. Keeping looks more tidy than Prior's or Jones's were when they came in anyway.
Agreed. Just hope he has the work rate of Prior, and puts in the effort to improve. He has a lot of natural talent, and I'm excited for his potential, but he does have some areas he needs to improve on. Davies probably could have gone better in hindsight, but I think Kieswetter made it difficult for them not to pick him given his Lions performances.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Have to say, that was excellent bowling from Sidebottom. His first over was disappointing, but that was a very good delivery. Game well and truely over.

King Pietersen

International Captain
:laugh: Awesome from Sidebottom. 2nd wicket for him, and 2nd excellent catch. Been a brilliant all-round performance from England.