• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Social, enough of the antagonistic remarks, it's getting extremely tiresome seeing it take threads off-track. There's a difference between having a difference of opinion with someone, and posting absolute crap that serves no other purpose than to stir other posters up.

@ Social.

Haha not at all. I quite like the Australian football team FTR and I'd actually quite like for them to do well. I just wanted Ghana to win because we've been there a bit and the people are lovely and they really love their football.

Not sure about the gay-hairdressers 'joke' though, was it some insult that I don't understand?

Oh yeah, you're a massive **** as well
PF, as I said in another thread in this sub-forum, comments like the bolded one are simply not on. Consider this an official warning to cut it out now.

Johnners

Stoked with the win, shame Germany couldn't pile on a few more for us though :( (or that we couldn't nab a few more)

Top effort from the lolman!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
australianism, eh?
Yeah, should have run with the English style of unrealistically thinking our team would win, then poured a bucket of **** on them when they started playing to their real abillity...

Mind you, am supporting England from here on in, shameful though that is.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, should have run with the English style of unrealistically thinking our team would win, then poured a bucket of **** on them when they started playing to their real abillity...

Tbf I have been realistic about this all along. Germany ftw btw.

Burgey

Yes I know you have. Was referring more to the WC hysteria I saw over there in general, in the lead up.

And I suppose if the Krauts win we can say we were bounced in the last two WCs by the teams that went on to win it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yes I know you have. Was referring more to the WC hysteria I saw over there in general, in the lead up.

And I suppose if the Krauts win we can say we were bounced in the last two WCs by the teams that went on to win it.
Haha, it's even worse here now, trust me. Hate the flags on cars etc... Such a bad country at being patriotic.

ripper868

International Coach
Sorry to see Oz go out, honestly. Was hoping for an Eng-Oz game at some point.

Shame you fell away so bad first game, have been ok since
Was looking forward to your noodz.

Ah well, theres always 2014 when kewell, cahill et al will still dominate tje red card list:ph34r:

grecian

oh dear, little burgey is upset, mind you soccer isn't your first sport, after all winning at cricket is your thing, oh no wait, well theres rugby union, oh no wait. umm, hey you do quite well for a small nation, after all.....

Burgey

*sigh*

You're drunk mate, and that's out of character for you frankly so I'll let it go.

But I'm not upset really, they played all right, did as well as they could, save the Germany game.

Fwiw, it seems your countryman Sledger agrees with me. I'll take some solace from that :)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hahaha Grecian, deary me.

But yeah, am with Burge on this, I'm not a bad guy really. Well I am, but not always.

Pothas

Tbf I have been realistic about this all along. Germany ftw btw.
Germany not a great side, think it is 50/50, will probably go to penalties I think.

The idea of England winning the thing is of course (always has been) ridiculous especially with the draw we have now got.

(Grecian still right though)

cpr

International Coach
Comparing where the Aussie game was 10 years ago to now, great achievement. Hopefully spur on the domestic game. Theres the talent, only have to look at the amount of players in the Prem (personally I'd take Cahill into the utd team anyday, and Schwartzers been one of the best keepers in the league, bar his drop a bollock moments he used to have at boro)... Bit more emphasis at home and in 4-8 years time could be a real show (look how the Yanks have come on in the last 10 years).

Problem is the competition against other sports, but getting a World Cup to host would be a huge boost. As much as I'd love to see one in England, if it went down under instead, well not too much of a bad thing (though I still haven't forgiven you for stealing the Olympics from Manchester in 2000)

Pothas

Yeah an Aussie world cup would be good, they should also be pretty much guaranteed qualification every time as well now and that has got to be a help.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm worried about qualifying for the next WC tbh. Cahill will still be there but he's defs getting on. Kewell, Bresc, Schwarzer, Neill, Emerton all not likely to be there, and the replacements aren't particularly special.

Pothas

Not a great deal of competition is there though?

South Korea and Japan obviously decent but not a great deal after that.

Would think China will improve at some point, but no signs of that yet.

Bobisback

International Regular
Next WC Australia will play in is if we host one. Which we wont, because we dont have the stadiums to support it.

benchmark00

oh dear, little burgey is upset, mind you soccer isn't your first sport, after all winning at cricket is your thing, oh no wait, well theres rugby union, oh no wait. umm, hey you do quite well for a small nation, after all.....
Didn't Australia beat England the last time they played soccer? Doesn't that mean, by your rationale, that Australia are better than England at soccer?

vitstl.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Good on ya, Aussie. (Y)

A shame you won't be joining New Zealand in the knockout stages. :p

(Serious and all, football probably the only sport where you'll see me supporting Australia)
:ph34r: