• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Sri Lanka, India, Bangladesh, Bermuda

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Should have known better than to put money on Tendulkar to score big in a final.

Great performance by Sri Lanka. Held their nerve well after a difficult start and took it pretty comfortably in the end. Hope Bangladesh justify their qualification in the next stage.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
but im pretty sure the organizers for the next world cup wont be using this format (which will be pretty due money making selfishness)
Why not?

What exactly is wrong with the format that comes closest to replicating the pretty much agreed best format (that of the 92 world cup) whilst also including associate members and making them feel a part of the whole thing?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Why not?

What exactly is wrong with the format that comes closest to replicating the pretty much agreed best format (that of the 92 world cup) whilst also including associate members and making them feel a part of the whole thing?
Nothing is wrong from a cricketing perspective, but a lot of things are wrong from a money perspective. This WC will be a financial failure for the people who paid for the rights. Likely, they will not bid as much money on the next WC if the format isn't changed and ICC will cave under the pressure.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nothing is wrong from a cricketing perspective, but a lot of things are wrong from a money perspective. This WC will be a financial failure for the people who paid for the rights. Likely, they will not bid as much money on the next WC if the format isn't changed and ICC will cave under the pressure.
There's sadly an awful lot of truth in that. India is cricket's cash-cow (I think I read that something like 60% of the sport's income is generated from there) & it doesn't take a marketing genius to work out that without their presence in the Super 8 the very expensive television rights are suddenly a lot less valuable. No-one is going to pay x$100k to have their product advertised during Ireland v Bangladesh, but I'm sure they would've during (say) India v Pakistan or India v Oz.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I dont think so....They will bid again higher than this time and the world cup enthusiasm will be again fresh in India...

The problem with Indian fans is that they expect higher from their mediocre players(ofcourse they r tigers only on paper) . These cricketers win or score runs only in subcontinent and in overseas they are real reaal real crab side....below par banglaa...:laugh:

JustTool

State 12th Man
Let's see. How exactly do they become demigods? That's right, the ****ing media. FFS, say what you want about dropping Tendulkar but don't defend the media.
You are such a genius. So the media is responsible for the way India played ?? "Media" is every politician's oldest trick and every intelligent person knows what keeps the government (and cricketers) accountable. I am glad you finally realise that ZEROdulkar is an emperor without clothes. Stay with me and you will learn a lot more :laugh:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
You are such a genius. So the media is responsible for the way India played ?? "Media" is every politician's oldest trick and every intelligent person knows what keeps the government (and cricketers) accountable. I am glad you finally realise that ZEROdulkar is an emperor without clothes. Stay with me and you will learn a lot more :laugh:
He never said that the reason for the poor performance was the media, I think he was saying that it's the media's fault that India's chances are hyped up as much as they are.

JustTool

State 12th Man
Now Chappell says 18 months of preparation is too little.

Also, Darvid's demeanour in the press conferences is truly awful. Still rattling off bs: players worked hard, he is unncessarily hyping up the 'danger' to the player's families ? NO EVIDENCE of that AT ALL.

This is truly, truly shameful. Did not expect Dravid to stoop so low and hide behing such bs. :@

Last edited:

adharcric

International Coach
Learn to read.

adharcric

International Coach
Now Chappell says 18 months of preparation is too little.

Also, Darvid's demeanour in the press conferences is truly awful. Still rattling off bs: players worked hard, he is unncessarily hyping up the 'danger' to the player's families ? NO EVIDENCE of that AT ALL.

This is truly, truly shameful. Did not expect Dravid to stoop so low and hide behing such bs. :@
Is there no danger to the players? If there isn't, fair enough. If there is, I'm glad he's mentioning it. Their security means way more than a) winning a World Cup and b) satisfying idiot fans who don't realize it's only a game.

JustTool

State 12th Man
.......satisfying idiot fans who don't realize it's only a game.
idiot-fans ? wonder who that would be ? :laugh:

only-a-game ? more like a money making ponzi scheme where us fans are the goats for slaughter. Most fans, rightly, believe that protests are the only way to sen dthe message. NO ONE is threatening familes - that just a convenient myth propoagted by the players to hide behind.

Shameless and utter INCOMPETENCE is the problem.

Here's another winner:
Indian defeat delays Sreesanth's album, family upset

This guy has played a few matches and his family is upset NOT that India sucked but that his music album will be dleayed. read for yourself.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
yeah but wouldn't be smart to put india in a group that you know india would for sure go through, also mind you that the next world cup is in india so they should go through because they play best in india...i think india's games should be held in kolkata in the group stage, if they are so hungry to make money.what other format makes it easier for them to make it through though? the last one was even harder for teams to make it through so...i think they should stick with it considering that india plays better in india...and plus espn bought the rights so...