• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B - Pakistan, England, Netherlands

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I did. Start to finish, wife was away so I literally threw the kids in bed in between overs. Utterly atrocious parenting tonight, but spot on with my priorities imho.
My six-year old learnt some new words during that final over

kp4captain

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yes i admit that the game was an absolute disgrace, but looking at it because it was such a narrow defeat if we beat pakistan we almost certainly will still go through

:unsure:So we can still win the tournament:unsure:

For the record all four of the players who missed out should have played, excusing the "injured" Pietersen

Shah is awful, Morgan isn't ready, Wright is suddenly amazing:laugh:
The only part of the team i felt confidence in was Ravi and the seamers. Ravi threw his start away and Sidebottom and Broad..well they wern't up to it

I do honestly think i could have performed one of the run outs (at least) and Collingwood is not a captain

Rating out of 10 for every Player
Bopara 5-looked classy before throwing away a good start again
Wright 8 - englands MOM batted well
Shah 3 - He started the last 10 awful overs off
Morgan 4 - Associate quality at best at the moment. Also, this may be harsh but instead of going for the superman catch couldn't he have simply pushed it back and saved the boundary?
Collingwood 2 - At least showed a fraction of intent but very tame dismissal, inauspicious bowling and poor captaincy
Key 2 - Showed no intent with the bat in the last over though it was nice to see him throwing himself about in the field
Foster 2 - Not much to do with the bat, nothing really wicketkeeping except failing to gather Collingwoods (bad) throw
Rashid 2 - The england supporters are to blame for him because everybody has been wanting to see him for england, and then this happens. For the record in his last over i thought he bowled ok but nowhere near good enough
Broad 3 - Could've won us the game about 6 times. He must have South African blood in him somewhere, though he shouldn'n be made a scapegoat for the rest of the team
Sidebottom 4 - Bowled alright but expensive 19th over cost him and us
Anderson 8 - I personally don't rate him as a Twenty20 bowler, he seems very hittable but credit he has had a great summer and bowled brilliant again

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Rashid 2 - The england supporters are to blame for him because everybody has been wanting to see him for england, and then this happens.
Really? I dont think I know a single person that thinks he is ready for international cricket. Regarding this tournament, he isnt a regular for Yorkshire in T20

kp4captain

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Really? I dont think I know a single person that thinks he is ready for international cricket. Regarding this tournament, he isnt a regular for Yorkshire in T20
I know but it is widely acknowledged that Adil Rashid is a good prospect. When England has a good prospect we always chuck them in the deep end and potentially ruin them. For example even the Sky Sports commentators said that he has been travelling round the Carribean carrying drinks, and that he deserves a go.
When i say he is a good prospect, i don't mean internationally I mean by our own low and over-hyped standards

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I was thinking if Pakistan lose to england by some 10 runs, & than thrash the Dutch team
but i guess we're in danger of elimination
so i hope we win on sunday against England
although seriously it'll destroy the championship
already 'll 've bangladesh or ireland in super 8's
having netherlands, it'll be awful
why does ICC not play 8 teams in world cups?

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I dont think its fair to single out 1 or 2 people. We failed as a whole tonight. Mainly with the batting though. Collingwood had a 'mare though as captain.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I was thinking if Pakistan lose to england by some 10 runs, & than thrash the Dutch team
but i guess we're in danger of elimination
so i hope we win on sunday against England
although seriously it'll destroy the championship
already 'll 've bangladesh or ireland in super 8's
having netherlands, it'll be awful
why does ICC not play 8 teams in world cups?
Seriously, get over it. Why doesn't ICC just give the trophy to Australia?

Perform or get out. England's fault and all credit Holland.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
****s me when people talk about associates devaluing a WC by doing well. Feel no differently on the matter now that it's us, not India or Pakistan, on the receiving end.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know but it is widely acknowledged that Adil Rashid is a good prospect. When England has a good prospect we always chuck them in the deep end and potentially ruin them. For example even the Sky Sports commentators said that he has been travelling round the Carribean carrying drinks, and that he deserves a go.
When i say he is a good prospect, i don't mean internationally I mean by our own low and over-hyped standards
Can we stop using the Sky sports commentary team as an example of what England supporters think. They've become little more then cheerleaders for England and this tournament. We should just be thankful they're not wearing the short skirts and waving their pom-poms at us.

I like Sky in general, but their over-enthusiastic selling of their products is embarrassing. Richard Keys and the entire over-hype of Prem football being a big bug-bear.

Thank god they don't get the football World Cup or Wimbledon, just how much would they hype gerard and Murray if that happened:sick:

Steulen

International Regular
****s me when people talk about associates devaluing a WC by doing well. Feel no differently on the matter now that it's us, not India or Pakistan, on the receiving end.
AWTA. So we're allowed to make up the numbers but please do not get any fancy ideas about actually competing. If England lose on Sunday we're through. Hell yeah. Otherwise, we'll just beat Pakistan on Tuesday. ;)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If we win on Sunday, does it then depend on the margin of victory between Pak/Ned?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Excellent game.

What T20 is about. It doesnt have to be good quality cricket to be entertaining.

Dont get me started about selections as Ive got bored with the continuous mismanagement.

More important here to congratulate the Dutch. Well played. :)
Indeed, must congratulate the Dutch for playing well - England were not terrible and Netherlands stuck at it.

But England were punished for poor selection. Key in the middle order, without a role was ludicrous when you have four bowlers and two bowling all rounders in the squad, moreover Rashid's selection came back to bite England on the arse, and rightly so.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Errr? did you not see the balls he bowled? i dont think any bowler could have sent down 6 better balls really. He just panic'd when it came to throwning down the stumps, ive seen plenty better players do that in the past.
Not at all true. Full outside off was a defensive tactic whereas England needed wickets to secure a victory.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
I am worried about tomorrows match againsyt Bangladesh especially with this controversy about a rift in the team.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
awta. So we're allowed to make up the numbers but please do not get any fancy ideas about actually competing. If england lose on sunday we're through. Hell yeah. Otherwise, we'll just beat pakistan on tuesday. ;)
you wish

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Such an awesome game, staying up for it one of my smartest moves. :cool:

Well done Holland!

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Not at all true. Full outside off was a defensive tactic whereas England needed wickets to secure a victory.
Yeah horrible bowling and poor strategy by the captain. Wide outside off, even if the batsman misses a bye is in the offing. One wicket could have changed the match.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
If we win on Sunday, does it then depend on the margin of victory between Pak/Ned?
Yeah, but we lost by just about the tightest margin possible, so even if we won by 1 run on Sunday, it would require the Netherlands to lose by that sort of margin to Pakistan. So basically if we beat Pakistan and Pakistan don't let the Netherlands game go down to the wire, we'll go through.

I think :unsure:

Steulen

International Regular
Yeah, but we lost by just about the tightest margin possible, so even if we won by 1 run on Sunday, it would require the Netherlands to lose by that sort of margin to Pakistan. So basically if we beat Pakistan and Pakistan don't let the Netherlands game go down to the wire, we'll go through.

I think :unsure:
Yeah, that's it. If England win, they're as good as through because today's game was incredibly tight.

If the Dutch win against Pakistan, they will top the group and England will be second. If they lose, in all probability it will be by a bigger margin than 1/162, and England will go through on NRR. If England do not win on Sunday, they're out, obviously. So it's a final for them.