• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands

Who will qualify from the group?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
21 November 2022
Qatar v Ecuador

21 November 2022
Senegal v Netherlands

25 November 2022
Qatar v Senegal

25 November 2022
Netherlands v Ecuador

29 November 2022
Netherlands v Qatar

29 November 2022
Ecuador v Senegal

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Offside? WTF?

The budget did extend to officialdom though.

We're used to VAR being shyte, but that's a shocker.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Wow.

A pen for Ecuador wasn't in the script.

Keeper probably could've seen red; beautiful tap tackle more fitting at Twickenham.

Qatar look well organised, but, er, limited. Decent on the ball, but too ploppy in defence just to sit deep and hit on the counter.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
It’s difficult to judge too early, but on the evidence so it would take a very creative script writer for Qatar to avoid a hiding.

speirz

State Vice-Captain
Qatar look like Sunday League trash
Yeah, they've been genuinely bad. Definitely worse than they were in other games I've seen them play. Not really connecting with any passes over 10 yards at the moment. Normally I'd expect to see them breaking the game up more with little fouls and winning fouls themselves, but there's not been much of that either.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I know AFC is not the highest standard of football but they did win the Asian Championship quite comprehensively.

I think nerves have had the better of this side.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Looking at the last AFC cup yer Qataris actually defeated Saudi Arabia, South Korea and Japan.

Based on this display one wonders how. Look less effective than a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, that was, not good.

In a group that could well come down to goal difference I wonder if Ecuador will regret not applying more of the boot to the throat.