• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 2 (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Netherlands)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If what @Burgey posted in the other thread holds true and the weather (and some of the pitches) help wicket taking fast bowling up front, Shami might well be a game changer in the positive side for us.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Chad Balbirnie casually resting his elbow on Rohit
Maybe they are close friends sometimes on circuit there are friendships which might be a surprise for fans. I once saw Azhar Ali and Murali Vijay traveling together like buddies on a flight from Dubai to London was a surprise for me as I don't recall them ever playing an international match together

Spark

Global Moderator
If what @Burgey posted in the other thread holds true and the weather (and some of the pitches) help wicket taking fast bowling up front, Shami might well be a game changer in the positive side for us.
I think it's time to address the elephant in the room of this entire tournament and of this group in particular: no one* is going to be helped by the weather, because it's probably going to rain non stop for most of next week and maybe even the week after that at this rate.

Given how many of these games are at Sydney, Melbourne and Hobart, you should bank on a ton of washouts or rain shortened games at best. In fact I'd be surprised if we even get a ball bowled in the Big Game at all.

edit: *not quite correct, see the later post

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
1666008616998.png

Like good luck somehow fitting cricket games in there.

FWIW I have semi final tickets, but it's going to be a total lottery as to who gets out of the groups at this rate. This tournament could get very messy very fast.

Spark

Global Moderator
At first glance it looks like Pakistan has a huge advantage in this tournament: both their games against the qualifying teams are in Perth and their game against Bangladesh is in Adelaide. If there's a whole bunch of washouts, they really should have the inside lane on the semis. The rest is totally up in the air; you could easily see a situation where teams get eliminated or not based on NRR because one team had a big win against a qualifying team and another got a washout in their corresponding game.

ParwazHaiJunoon

First Class Debutant
View attachment 33231

FWIW I have semi final tickets, but it's going to be a total lottery as to who gets out of the groups at this rate. This tournament could get very messy very fast.
Weather would affect Eastern & South Eastern Australia more than Western or Northern Australia.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...f-rain-affecting-aus-vs-nz-ind-vs-pak-1340545

Cricket should be flexible enough to transfer these matches to Western Australia.
I understand logistical problems & other such stuff but earnings from these re-arranged matches (esp Pak v Ind match) would certainly be more than additional logistical costs.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
South Africa are 7 dollar odds to win the whole tournament on sportsbet atm, reckon that's decent value. There comfortably a better t20 team that india atm, should make it out of their group qualifying for the semi's bare minimum.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
View attachment 33231

That’s Melbourne all the time tbf.

such a low joint, seriously. And so up itself without any good reason. So many mediocre, over priced eateries and cafes which the uneducated swill who live there think are special. It thinks it’s a south seas Paris when it’s really just an oversized Wodonga.

it does look as though the weather is going to be junk though, as I exclusively predicted a couple of weeks ago given the La Niña thing.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Weather would affect Eastern & South Eastern Australia more than Western or Northern Australia.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...f-rain-affecting-aus-vs-nz-ind-vs-pak-1340545

Cricket should be flexible enough to transfer these matches to Western Australia.
I understand logistical problems & other such stuff but earnings from these re-arranged matches (esp Pak v Ind match) would certainly be more than additional logistical costs.
You know it’s a bit of a hike from Melbourne to Perth right?

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This would have been a pure Afro-Asia group if Srilanka had got in instead of Netherlands.

I am rooting for a Zimbabwe upset or two. They should atleast be winning BD.

veganbob

U19 Captain
South Africa are 7 dollar odds to win the whole tournament on sportsbet atm, reckon that's decent value. There comfortably a better t20 team that india atm, should make it out of their group qualifying for the semi's bare minimum.

The Tournament is in Australia where India loves to play. They are also due a big trophy. Imo India are the favourites to win the whole thing.

I feel Pakistan will struggle in this tournament.

smash84

The Tiger King
The weather in Melbourne looks ok for the day, but Google says rain in the evening. Probably the Ind Pak match will be a washout then