• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ground Watch

Yeoman

U19 Vice-Captain
If the ground, large as it is, is not packed full today then we can definitely point the finger at administrative problems rather than apathy for the poor crowds so far.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh well then, must be just a top place. I mean, Melbourne regularly gets big crowds to sporting events. So does Birmingham. Doesn't mean they aren't **** holes.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Indian fans not even turning up for India matches now....
Its amazing how many times this is pointed out and yet people keep missing it.

Afternoons are ****ing hot here, crowds tend to either go into the shaded areas or people just choose to turn up around 5 PM or later and these games start at 2 PM.

Socerer 01

International Captain

Afternoons are ****ing hot here, crowds tend to either go into the shaded areas or people just choose to turn up around 5 PM or later and these games start at 2 PM.
no you see we people should crowd outside the stadium 1 hour before and teleport into it through the very few entry points 30 mins before the match starts

Sunil1z

International Regular

Pardon him . They don’t have much Sunlight in their country.

Molehill

International Captain

To be fair, I also heard it mentioned on the radio that entry to that particular ground is a bit of a nightmare too.

Still find it odd that if India had been batting, it would have been barely half full at the start.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I personally would love to go to matches but I refuse to go in India until they start treating their paying public better. Better and more open ticketing process, better facilities for spectators (clean bathrooms, reasonable concessions etc).

A few stadiums in India (from my friends there) now do it but I’ve heard bad stories even for the new Modi stadium. I’ve heard good things about Indore.

I remember having to go to like a bank at a very specific time just to get a ticket to an empty stadium.

I don’t blame the spectators.